Saints vs Brighton - Weds 31st Jan (7.45pm KO)

Any new manager rumers, any names, any one spotted in hotels on the street at the airport, any hope for anything.

I see Saints are coming up now in punters guesses of who will go down so all the spin we have created is gone. JWP is progressing but its hard to say considering the team at the moment. Same with JS but unfortunatly for him he cant jump high enough. As for Steve Davis he has always been the team key indicator of how we are doing. At his best he was NI captain that suited a mid table team. Now at his worst I think Leeds or Rangers may consider picking him up for £500K.

Krugers self interest and ego surely needs to kick in at some point . However his record as a club coach doesnt bode well for any self awarenes. Im still keen on Silva but thats just because Im not employed and paid millions to look at other options

3 Likes

Yeah but what biscuits do you like?

Ginger nuts

1 Like

This is it exactly. I can ignore Barry’s repetitive trolling and often do but there are others who feed it continually. They give him the oxygen. And they’re almost as guilty of turning this piece into swf as he is. It’s definitely turning and putting me off.

2 Likes

To be honest and without wanting to offend or upset… you’re just as guilty as he is. look at who responds to him the most… It’s mainly you. And you two end up in endless cycles of tedium. And it’s not even restricted to football topics.

1 Like

Wind your neck in, if indeed you have one, and go back to concentrating on your handie :lou_lol:

I bet your favourite biscuit is ALL of them…

In the immortal words of Captain Oates, " I don’t really like biscuits. I’m stepping out for some soup…and may be some time"

:lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

100% this. And as always, in the last 24 hours a couple more new duplicate threads have been started by Mr “LOOK AT ME - WHERE’s MY BISCUIT” peddling the same stuff.

2 Likes

Where is your biscuit Bucks? I’m on hooks here…

If nothing else, this thread has proven that @barry-sanchez 's detractors only serve to prolong the agony. There’s such a thing as self-control, and although Baz clearly doesn’t have much of it when it comes to reacting to Saints, it’s also clear that there are plenty of posters that cannot control their reactions to him.

May I remind all of you that have ever called for his head, or for us to curtail his free speech, that there are few posters that get worse shite than Barry. Yes, he brings that on himself, deliberately so. May I also remind you that unlike most of our competitors, Sotonians is pretty transparent.

I can understand people perma-replying over on TSW because there is literally no other way to express admiration and/or contempt. People are able to make determinations on the quality of poster based on the votes they get, and the votes they cast.

We’re a site where people can say whatever the fuck they like, when they like. I’m not up for making anyone an exception, which is something that people need to bear in mind when calling for bans or restrictions or whatever. Today, it’s Barry.

If we were stupid enough to acquiesce to any of these requests, we’d set a precedent that’d mean in six months, some other poster could be in the frame. Soz. but I didn’t start this site to lay down laws and rules.

Besides, I’m a traditionalist. We don’t ban people on this site. They flounce instead.

8 Likes

It’s worse than Barry could imagine…

Allegedly.

Best stock up on Prozac and pine for the Wilde days

And for everyone that says we’re the same as TSW, look at @flahute trying to fucking swear over there, the soft cunt.

Though a modicum of self-restraint and consideration of the fact the site is not all about “me” (not me obvs but “me” in general) when posting wouldn’t go amiss @pap don’t you agree?

4 Likes

Has he been banned though or did he flounce, likewise Cherts - but that was self imposed I believe?

Nah, one of the Blairite set that spouted all kind of shite about Corbyn, either too proud, too scared or too internally humiliated to pop back,

No-one has been banned.

Let’s be clear on something here.

As has always been the case, if you see content on Sotonians that you don’t want to see, downvote it.

For whatever reason.

If the post or poster attracts sufficient downvotes from multiple sources then the mods will intervene.

This will likely initially be a plea to self-moderate, but as Shirty found out it can result in a (temporary) opportunity to spend more time with the family followed by an invitation to return with a different style.

If, however, you see content on Sotonians that you don’t want to see here and you engage the poster, bait the poster, or call the poster names then no action will be taken.

9 Likes

Who the fuck am I to make that call?

I’m a poison dwarf hairy muthafucker with a Metallica t-shirt, right?

The general point is that you need an arbiter to decide what is right or wrong, instead of the multitude of arbiters that we have right now. Barry’s expression is not being limited, but then, neither is yours. That’s the only fucking rule I like to keep around here, because it means we don’t need any more.

4 Likes

Worst match thread ever…

:lou_wink:

7 Likes

I’m with you up to a certain point but be careful your laissez faire approach doesn’t end up the same way as TUI and Nick Illingsworth.

2 Likes

Ok, true

So you agree that people should show self restraint so as not drive people away?

Call me old fashioned but I’ll call a cunt a cunt and expect the same in return, but I do not expect or want constant negative, nihilistic posts that makes, a place I see as a pleasant diversion from real life a place I don’t want to visit. Ffs we need the numbers on the site…

2 Likes