Saints vs Liverpool match thread

Well, it’s 6am in the morning and I have a drive up north awaiting me. Going to sleep last night was literally the point I stopped celebrating, although I probably cheered a few times in my dreams.

Things looked pretty grim at the end of the first half. I went over to chat with my Uncle and neither of us could see how we were going to get back into this game or why Graziano was even allowed on the pitch. That might have been the worst 45 minutes I’ve seen him in a Saints shirt. He looked laboured, was out of position and just managed to look as bad as he possibly could each time something was asked of him.

The penalty miss after the beginning of the first half seemed to confirm our suspicions that nowt was going to happen and that this simply wasn’t our day. Seemed, because it all changed after that first goal. The scousers were particularly ashen faced as Mané’s goal went in. I simply wanted us to win that half. They were scared of losing their lead. Rightfully so, as it turned out.

By the time the last goal went in, Itchen North was fucking bouncing. I clambered all over the top of my seat, screaming like a madman. One of the best games I’ve seen at St Mary’s. Won’t be able to spend too much time gloating though; I’m off to Ireland in about 12 hours, so won’t be able to give the scouse fans in the house that knowing look :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I spent last week staying away from the build up to this game. I am still in therapy after the horror of the 1-6 thrashing when 12 of us stupidly stood in Barasti wearing our shirts with some 1500 “other club” football fans ripping us to shreds.

I had made the decision to join the crew at Barasti and had actually spent ages trying to book business meetings that got me out of Factory Meetings so I could get there on time. Just as I was heading hom to dump the car… I got called to a meeting on the wrong side of Dubai. Kind of summed up my whole epectation for the day.

I get home, turn on the TV 12 minutes into the game and we seem flat, the crowd seem flat and the Arabic 'tater is droning on and on habla habla Sturridge, habla habla Joe Allen, and not a mention of a Saints player - (Arabic taters seem to simply talk and tell stories during a game from what I can understand)

Then bang bang, I’m looking at Klopp being a cnut with his touchline GIVE IT LARGE celebration and can see RK & Sammy giving him the eye.

Half Time I get called to go to ANOTHER meeting for dinner - I push that back to 8:15 local to at least watch the rest of the game, Mane misses a penalty and I’m SCREAMING at the TV “How the Fvck can you let HIM tale it - he is SO out of form and confidence” In fact I am FUMING - we have two quality strikers on the pitch and you BOTTLERS is crossing my mind. I’m also thinking Thank God I dodn’t waste 15 quid on the taxi fare to the Pub…

And then out of nowhere in fact I am almost drifting off to sleep and MANE! Well tbh it’s a consolation goal, yes we are playing better and Big Vic is looking back to his best, but Mane is still playing too deep and it’s the scousers and Benteke has to score and Klopp is doing THAT thing again on the touchline and HE MISSES! OK Again the camera shows the glance at Klopp from our bench.

Then OMG PELLE! That is a great goal and for us (maybe a lesson) it was pretty much route one. Now I am thinking - CAN WE HOLD ON and get a stupidly undeserved (on 1st half showing) point? Can we hell, we’ve only gone and won the bloody thing. I let out a HOLY FVCKING SHIT that must have been heard in Sharjah and Twitter & FB go into Meltdown.

And then, just as I am about to head out came the absolute Magic moment of the day. Keys Gray & Dwight Yorke have spotted something - they replay Klopp’s celebration. They say it was “a bit over the top” “not very professional” “I’m surprised the Southampton Bench have not Had a Word”

Then Pelle scores and RK heads off down the touchline. But they then spot him giving Klopp the eye. Mane scores and the TV crew just crack up - yes there was a reason to go nuts, but as they said in summary

Koeman owned Klopp in every way imaginable today

Then I went out…

And won an all you can eat & drink evening worth 200 quid at Karaoke for this Wednesday night. Get In! I can leave without paying again!

7 Likes

Love this thread.

Jack Schitt tells us that Adam Lallana can go fuck his nivea-faced self.

Mr Bulsara breaks his fast and eats a healthy portion of pie d’humble.

ant turns out to be a Barry White-voiced media star.

And pap leaves us with the image of his tiny levers working hard to help him clamber on top of his seat.

Plus we can dine out for a week at the expense of our scouse and faux-scouse acquaintances.

Ker ching.

5 Likes

Still smiling

Wow.

What did happen??

I still don’t really understand.

They looked like they were going to score everytime they got the ball, Pelle was terrible and Mane couldn’t strike a ball from 12 yards.

We could have played all night and not scored, it just wasn’t our day…

Then I dropped this tab of acid and the colours were beautiful, so vibrant, and layered, the stadium started moving around in the air, there were enormous seagulls and I heard angels, it was all a bit freaky, call me Jesus, I can fly.

I won’t be taking one of them again for a bit.

6 Likes

One thing that struck me was that JWP seemed to have swallowed an angry pill before coming on - that was the most aggressive I think I have seen him.

1 Like

Bill Shankley! Paul McCartney! Jimmy Tarbuck! Ken Dodd! Derek Acorah! John Birt! John Bishop! Steven Gerrard,!Gerry Marsden! the Mcgann brothers! Anne Robinson! Ricky Tomlinson! Cilla Black! John Lennon! Sir Simon Rattle! Jurgen Klopp, can you hear me Jurgen Klopp? Your boys took one HELL of a beating!!! Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!

6 Likes

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Bill Shankley! Paul McCartney! Jimmy Tarbuck! Ken Dodd! Derek Acorah! John Birt! John Bishop! Steven Gerrard,! Gerry Marsden! the Mcgann brothers! Anne Robinson! Ricky Tomlinson! Cilla Black! John Lennon! Sir Simon Rattle! Barry Sanchez! Pap! Jurgen Klopp, can you hear me Jurgen Klopp? Your boys took one HELL of a beating!!! Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!

3 Likes

I may have over celebrated.

I am not at work.

4 Likes

Was that a 10k in the morning and a marathon from early evening onwards?

That’s about the size of it.

To be honest, I only just read the first 2.5 pages of this thread.

LMFAO at you lot with your attempts at TSW negativity…

As Pap mentioned - Posterity thread this!

Sadio doesn’t smile a lot does he…any links to interviews where he is smiling. Just like to think he enjoys playing football. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Lol, so true. I was thinking when watching it – if that is what Sadio looks like when he’s delighted, it’s probably best he doesn’t do any media when he’s anything less than fucking deliriously ecstatic. :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Perfect timing with the international week. Gives us 2 weeks to enjoy. Then we beat Leicester… The Southampton bandwagon just a keeps a rolling!

I tell you what I was telling myself over and over again at the final whistle, ‘keep it together Kev, don’t go mouthing off to all the Liverpool supports that I know, as it will only turn full circle at some point and you know how that makes you feel Kev’.

But hold on Kev, what the fuck you doing, you seem to be contacting all the Liverpool fans a gloating! Fuck them all, they have made my life hell over the last couple of seasons, getting on their high horses within the club and as fans!

i got up this morning with a huge smile, popped on my ‘football is my religion, St Mary’s is my church’ t-shirt and marched the kids to school, where I know there are a hell of a lot of pool fans, marched through the playground whistling oh when the Saints. Made sure I took my daughter right into her class, as her teacher is a Liverpool fan and with a huge smile and a wink, I just said ‘great weekend and a wonderful morning isn’t it’?

then it was off to the gym, again normally a place full of Liverpool shirts, but not one in site, but they cannot cover up that badge tattoo on their calfs. Rowing has never been easier than this morning.

Been driving around in my Southampton covered merchandise car with the window down just beaming from ear to ear. Whistling oh when the Saints as often as possible.

I have looked at myself in the mirror a few times and said to myself, Kev you are 41, but then said fucking enjoy it!

I think overall I have handled it well… Now back to that school on the school run to get that daughter of mine!

WTFILN!

6 Likes

Liked the fact they played Happy straight after the final whistle - hopefully they piped that shit into the away end on a continuous loop until they were allowed out

I’ll happily eat humble pie after that, but too be fair the 1st half performance gave us nothing to hope for in the 2nd half, very happy to be proved wrong.

4 Likes

As I said to one of my bin dipping co-workers, the odds are always stacked against the team lower in the league when visiting a team challenging for a UCL place.

They weren’t too happy. :cool:

3 Likes