Saints vs Liverpool match thread

My curse has been lifted! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Also I was interviewed for the Ugly Inside’s Youtube channel afterwards. At that point I was still buzzing so much that I can’t actually remember what I said! Will post up the video if it’s not too horrendous. :lou_facepalm_2: :lou_eyes_to_sky: :lou_lol:

4 Likes

I don’t quite understand what just happened…but it was nice that it did!

5 Likes

Amazing result. Still gobsmacked. :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Jürgen Klopp on why he took off Dejan Lovren:

“His yellow card. At the end of the half, he did not look free of the stadium’s emotion.”

Lovren bottled it, bottled it.

Lovren bottled it!

Na na na na na.

4 Likes

Well…resigned to a defeat at half time just long enough to remember I had my (now) legendary stripey red and white bowl/porridge combo for breakfast this morning.

I sent a message down to the dressing room about said bowl/porridge combo and advice to Ronald to sub Mane for Tadic and Vic for Classie. It seemed to do the trick.

No I don’t want financial reward…just massive upvotes…thanks. :lou_wink_2:

One of those games where you say…“Yes I was there” :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Hart just been stretchered off. Forster now England no 1?

Cherry finally popped?

1 Like

That was fucking nice.

1 Like

Accoring to Opta stats:

Liverpool lost a game in which they were leading by 2+ goals at half time for the first time in PL history (W112 D3). Shellshocked.

Some bonus bragging rights there.

3 Likes

Fantastic comeback. I know so many Liverpool fans who were ribbing me at half time. Schoolboy error, always wait until the end. He who laughs last!

1 Like

So happy its still sinking in.

Originally posted by @ant

Jürgen Klopp on why he took off Dejan Lovren:

“His yellow card. At the end of the half, he did not look free of the stadium’s emotion.”

Lovren bottled it, bottled it.

Lovren bottled it!

Na na na na na.

To be honest he should have been yellow carded for the Long penalty that wasn’t which meant he shouldn’t have been on the pitch at all to be subbed.

Red card!

To be honest, knew we would win the moment I saw Sturridge’s cuntish goal celebration. Anyone who believes that is in anyway anything other than making himself look like a complete twat, is seriously fucked in the head. Thanks Sturridge’s you twat.

Sturridge has the pace of a wheezy tortoise.

And the dance skills of a New Forest donkey recently struck by a Mondeo, or similar sized saloon.

Just back home, via family stay in Soton, as I took my Dad to the match.

Match: wow, that was…quite good. Never hugged quite so many random people at SMS. Been phoning Liverpool supporting mates and not holding back. Mates? Fuck em. Still celebrating now. Get the big fat fuck IN.

EDIT: only just seen that Jay Rod scored a hat-trick today, as part of the U21 win against Liverpool U21. Just 5-0 to Saints. :lou_lol:

4 Likes

Wow. Life as a Saints fan – encapsulated in one 90 minute white-knuckle ride.

Fucking exhilarating!

The first half was excruciating. Absolute shite. Utter dross. Edward fucking Hyde. The kind of performance that makes me ring my father at half time, and ask – “Dad – why did you have to fuck my mother in Southampton? Could you not at least have had the fucking decency to move to another city before I was due?”

The second half was completely absorbing! Well hello there Dr. Jeckyll! So nice of you to put in an appearance on this lazy sunday afternoon. A pulsating drama unfolding before our eyes, full of passion and fight. That’s all we ever really ask for from our team. To show you care like we do, and want it just as much. Like Ronald Koeman gleefully running down the touchline to join in the winning goal celebrations. That’s what I’m talkin’ about Ron! Fuck the achilles (you’ve got another one anyway) – “I jusht had to be with the Team!”

His half-time shake-up certainly changed the course of the game. Wanyama looked like he felt he had something to prove, and showed it with a menacingly dominant display. Finally, everything clicked for Sadio, and the real Mané stood up, and got back on the pitch. Which was good really, as we need him there.

A saved penalty initially taking his already shot confidence down to rock bottom, and then Sadio Mané suddenly remembers – “Ohh yeah – I’m fucking brilliant! Right, now where’s that ball…”

Two sweet finishes and a Graziano pearler later, and all is now right with the world. That scouse pile of arrogance and self-entitlement of a football club I hate second only to some fourth division shite from the Isle of Skates has been put in its plaice (beneath us); that absolute wanker Adam Lallana can go fuck his nivea-faced self, and talking of fucking – my dad is texting me a picture of a framed copy of my birth certificate as we speak. I fucking love this club. Makes me so proud to be from Southampton. :lou_lol:

A game and subsequent celebrations, that shall live long in the memory.

8 Likes

It’s-a-me! Gotta love that ‘I’ve utterly fucked my throat’ voice. :laughing:

6 Likes

Is that Nick Illingsworth on the left?

1 Like