Sexual assaults in Germany

Not intended to be a smear - and I’m not entirely sure what the smear would be even if it were. Just the phrase jarred in conjunction with a news site you clearly abhor, so I referenced it, but, I’m also aware how sensitive the topic is generally, so nervous to open that can of worms. So maybe a bit more detail would benefit when using phrases like that. Because being pro a country, in its own right, isn’t/shouldn’t be a bad thing.

1 Like

Can someone confirm what news source is ok to be posted please for my future reference, never heard of Breitbart until that was one of the stories via google that came up was from there, I thought the incident itself would lead to interesting debate, I will have a time out and focus on more stupid stuff. :lou_facepalm_2:

In true saints fans style we are all discussing many side trackable things.

And KRG thanks for confirming I am not a total wally on here amigo.

4 Likes

You can post what you like, and FWIW, I’ve got no interest in attacking you as a poster, but I’m not going to take Breitbart seriously, ever. I only really watch the BBC for entertainment these days. I genuinely get too wound up watching the news.

I protested the BBC the last time that Israel were barrelling into Gaza. They had almost no balance, no real context, and presented a series of pro-Israel commentators on-screen without identifying their bias, without offering competing Palestinian opinion. They were later pulled up for it, and rightfully so.

That day was fantastic. Did the march then did my social butterfly thing in Hyde Park with complete strangers. I met people from all over the world and got all kinds of perspectives in one park in London. We should be proud to be a country that can accommodate that, not fearful of the conserquences that we in part have helped to create, or whatever Islamophobic anti-migrant nonsense being pumped out of Breitbart.

If you genuinely want advice, pick better news sources than our snack-making strawberry blonde sailor. I know you’ve since posted a BBC link referencing the same article, but the thread title is all Breitbart.

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Not intended to be a smear - and I’m not entirely sure what the smear would be even if it were. Just the phrase jarred in conjunction with a news site you clearly abhor, so I referenced it, but, I’m also aware how sensitive the topic is generally, so nervous to open that can of worms. So maybe a bit more detail would benefit when using phrases like that. Because being pro a country, in its own right, isn’t/shouldn’t be a bad thing.

You implied that I might have something that you didn’t want to hear about the meaning of “pro Israel”. Deconstructing that, you were making out that I was about to say something shitty on a subject you’ve admitted yourself is touchy, then denying me the chance to respond by stating you didn’t want to hear the answer.

It was a smear. Not a great one, perhaps not even an intended one, but credit where due - it had a nice balance to it and I respect it for trying to achieve multiple objectives (witting or not).

Originally posted by @convict-colony

Can someone confirm what news source is ok to be posted please for my future reference, never heard of Breitbart until that was one of the stories via google that came up was from there, I thought the incident itself would lead to interesting debate, I will have a time out and focus on more stupid stuff. :lou_facepalm_2:

Worry ye not, colon, i aint heard of braveheart either, and think the encyclopedic knowledge some posters seem to have of right wing fascist propaganda publications to be highly suspicious. We’re putting these posters on the Watch List.

4 Likes

No - I implied I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get into a debate on Israel. Which is consistent from me, because I’ve more than once referenced other debates I’m cautious about getting involved with, much as they are interesting topics. When I hold back it’s more about the energy required to get involved, rather than content of other poster that scares me off. You can criticise me for that all you want for this, but there was no smear. I upfront didn’t like the implication that a shitty media outlet is even more shitty because it has a pro-Israel stance, whatever that means. Maybe you should add more clarity when making statements like that.

Appreciate it was a bit vague and could be misconstrued, and I’m sorry for that, but it is what it is. Not a smear, not intended or unintended, not nice balance or not, not seeking to achieve multiple objectives.

Can all you infidels pls stop saying Israel is a “country”

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

not seeking to achieve multiple objectives.

Yeah, right. My missus is always banging on about multiple objectives. Told her she should be grateful for one.

Cholula, you ain’t lived.

Tbf, there was the vicar"s daughter from York. But that’s probably a story for another website.

1 Like

This doesn’t fit in with the agenda so simply deny, change the subject and say there are millions of others who are great which actually means fuck all if this is true,deal with what is at hand, is Merkel responsible as some in Germany are saying? I don’t know but ask them this evening and I think you’ll get a prety instant and brusque responce.

Nonsense, Bazzington. People can discuss this shit all they want.

It’s the context and the framing of the event that I have a disagreement with. The exception is being presented as the norm, we’re being asked if this exception means Europe is fucked.

What was your expectation? Did you think that everyone was going to line up and agree and get into the migrant bashing business?

Discuss whatever you want; but expect it to be challenged here. If you honestly want people to pop up and say horrible shit about all migrants based on the actions of some, on one night, then there are other Saints forums where you can do that.

That’s not why people post on Sotonians.

European harmony is fucked as we have always had and will continue to have a National agenda put before a European one, all Nations are like this and we are seeing so now.

The extreme left/big business simply don’t like to see their social experiment/cheap labour fail.

You say Americans are fucked, we are saying North Koreans are bonkers, I am outraged.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

European harmony is fucked as we have always had and will continue to have a National agenda put before a European one, all Nations are like this and we are seeing so now. The extreme left/big business simply don’t like to see their social experiment/cheap labour fail.

There are plenty of countries that are into the idea of ever closer union. We just don’t happen to be one of them. Anyway, we’re covering old ground. We spoke about the primacy of nation states in Europe. The one time it was tried was 1918-1939. Not the best advert for your case, Bazzington.

No Pap they aren’t accept that and move on.

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

European harmony is fucked as we have always had and will continue to have a National agenda put before a European one, all Nations are like this and we are seeing so now. The extreme left/big business simply don’t like to see their social experiment/cheap labour fail.

There are plenty of countries that are into the idea of ever closer union. We just don’t happen to be one of them. Anyway, we’re covering old ground. We spoke about the primacy of nation states in Europe. The one time it was tried was 1918-1939. Not the best advert for your case, Bazzington.

Name those Countries Pap please.

What are you on about the primacy of Nation states? Explain please as well.

Here’s an overview of some of the big countries. Add Belgium to that list, and note the total.

What this thread is still going !!!

Was hoping that this thread would disappear so it would be like when you wake up after a heavy night and think did I really do that, but you can tell yourself you didn’t cos you can’t really remember and there is no evidence.

1 Like

Belgium, Belgium ha ha come on Pap try harder as if that’s your Nation that justifies the EU then your argument is fucked lad.