Slovakia V England

To be honest he’s looked like the only player likely to score.

3 Likes

Miskick?

Fuck that gives Fat Sam the excuse to stick with this pile of shite

2 Likes

That was fucking shite - and I’m being generous…

1 Like

Lol. Was just congratulating myself on not paying an extra 4 quid a month to watch themy having thought from BBC feed it was all over to read Goatie yayhaying Nivea boy.

We watched an old episode of Eureka much better way to spend a Sunday night

Originally posted by @pap

Miskick?

‘reedily’ miskicked it eh Pap

1 Like

I’m glad to say I’d completely forgotten that this was on and have consequently missed the whole fucking thing. Right now I’m necking a very fine G&T and keeping an eye on some lamb shanks that are slowly cooking in a tasty sauce (to be eaten with cous cous and accompanied by a nice Portuguese red wine, food tarts).

An article I read the other day mentioned that an obvious issue that Allardyce will have as England manager is that he’s always been accustomed to managing underdog clubs. In other words, his teams have been very adept at keeping tight and organised against more technically skilled sides, allowing their opponents very few chances and (hopefully) taking the ones that have come their way.

In other other words, his managerial experience to date has been Slovakia, not England.

1 Like

England will top the group, but they struggled tonight. Kane was crap up front again, really don’t see him clicking for England at all. Need somebody with better movement up top, so for me it has to be Vardy to start.

Scotland game about to start, absolutely imperative that we take 6pts from our first 2 games because I can see this being a tough campaign. Excited to see what Oliver Burke can do on such a big stage, and for the first time we have real options throughout the squad - Strachan is blooding some youngers already and those fresh faces could be vital.

Result. Thought it was an 8pm kickoff so missed the whole thing.

3 Likes

You were the lucky one, believe me…

I went for a cycle it 5 for 1 hour 30 mins. Caught the last 13 minutes. Timed my route wrong!

Did they win then? I turned off the last 10 mimutes

God what a bag of shite

1 Like

Yep. Lallana scored deep into injury time.

At last we have found the magical ingredient that has eluded us for fifty years - a lucky manager.

Send out the usual bunch of tired clueless losers playing one dimensional nonesense and cross your fingers that their keeper lets one bobble through his legs in the 95th minute.

Good plan.

8 Likes

Evidence, if any were needed, that the tail is wagging the dog.

Quotes attributed to Allardyce -

“Wayne played wherever he wanted to. He did play a little deeper tahn I thought he’d play, but I was pleased with his performance. It’s not for me to say where he’s going to play. It’s up to me to ask whether he’s doing well in that position and contributing.”

Seriously? Has it really come to this? Tell you what Sam, just let Rooney manage the team and why dont you check in with him every now and again and ask him how things are going.

Twat.

5 Likes

I was under the impression that this was exactly what Fat Sam is supposed to do.

2 Likes

It doesnt bode well for the future does it. Our most successful manager, Sir Alf, didnt even let the World Cup winning team think that they would automatically be picked for the next match. The new England manager has pretty much caved in already and has told Rooney that he can do WTF he likes. :lou_facepalm_2:. But all is well because we won the game :lou_eyes_to_sky:

From a poll on the BCC Sport site

So most people think Welcome to the new England same as the old England then

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this but the FA have scrapped their target of winning the World Cup in/by 2022.

Maybe they’ve come to realise just how shallow our current talent pool is.