Slovakia V England

Originally posted by @Big-Typo-Generating-Bob

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this but the FA have scrapped their target of winning the FA Cup in/by 2022.

Maybe they’ve come to realise just how shallow our current talent pool is.

Surely England would stand a chance of at least getting to the semi-finals of the FA Cup?

After that, it’s a lottery.

But at least the FA aren’t even thinking about the World Cup anymore.

1 Like

Have you been on the Brew Dog Punk IPA* again balti, is that why you think it’s funny to deliberately mis-quote me?? Or you been abusing your mod powers and editing my original post?

* The shittest beer in the world by far and that’s saying a lot when there is Fosters

1 Like

…maybe looking at all this too simplistically - what we me knowing fuck all about Football and all… but I am not sure taht on a national stage talent is the problem (not from top nations anyway).

I think its actually really simple - all about sum of parts being better than the individuals. Best TEAM won the last World cup, arguably with only two world class players (Neuer and Lahm) - Maybe Muller is almost there, but the likes Ozil, Kadhiera, Schurrle,Goetze could not get regular starts for their club sides, and Metezacker???

BUT theye all knew the style inside out having set on it back in 2004/5 and it having been integral to German coaching at all levels since before then… AND more imporatntaly they were completely fucking dedicated to winning it… not more concerned about what playing for their country might do for their next contract or image rights… They also had Neuer, Lahm, Scheeinsteiger, arguably, Kroos as real leadership on the pitch whereas we have Rooney…

Sadly despite the Prem league having said as one of its founding reasons for start up that it would help the national side… hahahahhahaha,… its very inflated sense of its own importance based on its seemingly unlimited riches has fucked the national side up the arse…clubs at the top dont give a shit and those lower down below cant afford the players…who are off for more money and the bench the moment the agent gets a sniff of interest…

Finally, you need a manager who has the strength of character to sniff his own bollocks/arse in public and still command respect in the dressing room. Low is no brilliant manager, but he knows how to get individuals to play as a team and with a collective sense of responsibility.

1 Like