Southampton FC v the Mighty Eagles - 5th April 2017

After the epicly ordinary game on Saturday, and it being midweek, and Palace, I realise enthusiasm for this match is below ground level.

But this is both my first game since Wembley and my last until May, so I am ignoring the likely result and (a) definitely going and (b) around for a beer with any other hardy souls :lou_surprised:

3 Likes

Nice late April Fool from BBC Solent there, but everyone knows that Claude “doesnt have a sense of humour”.

2 Likes

Oh, and 0-0 again. No Gabby, no goals!

It does feel like the season of missed chances - broken only when a random stranger popped in briefly and took every half chance he was offered.

In other news I’m going to this one with the Flyd Owl, courtesy of SO5 not being a proper fan and refusing to take the day off to travel down from London to see Big Fat Sam’s hoofers.

Home win.

3 Likes

If J-Rod put as much energy into his shooting as he does into stropping off when substituted he might score a few.

Are you hoping your blouse choice will distract the opposition players? I would say the home players would be used to it but you don’t go often enough!!

3 Likes

Yep.

After all burning the weekly beer budget at Barasti OR blowing the Beer budget on the HopFest Beer Festival - oh I forgot, you can’t go to that.

Never mind, there’s always the New Order gig Friday.

Oh…

Mwah mwah mwah.

Actually work is now at a real “Tipping Point” being a 5th rate App developer I think I finally found the perfect product to sell.

Just have no idea on any potential captive market for it. If only I could find a demagraphic that had an opinion on the decisions of Referees, I could afford to do Barasti AND Hopfest

![Image may contain: phone](https://fb-s-b-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xlp1/v/t31.0-8/17493066_10155212755719452_3678855903367189997_o.jpg?oh=367478b10fd9dfae6548203c5c7e587f&oe=5994ECB6& gda =1499367774_e3fd516484ea08ff925eedb10ca223f2)

I’ll wear something special, just for you @btripz .

x

3 Likes

I really hope this be the game when he picks a proper first team CB. Benteke and Zaha up against Stephens is a mis match. Its time for the new man to step in.

To be honest, given Claude’s predilection for rotating the squad when there is more than one game in a week, I would be surprised if Caceras didn’t start.

1 Like

Whilst I have been calling for Caceras to be given a shirt in the last few games, the irony will be that he finally plays tomorrow and this would be a game where I wouldn’t be playing him. He doesn’t look the tallest (5’ 11" I believe) and Benteke is several inches taller and decent in the air.

I’m pretty sure Big Sam’s tactics will be to lob the ball in to our box at every available opportunity and hit us on the counter attack from our own set pieces/horizontal passing across their final third.

I’d be inclined to play Jay from the left tomorrow and Shlong through the middle. Jay just doesn’t look like an out and out CF but was decent running with the ball from the left of an attacking 3 in midfield under Pochatwatface.

Who he has to drop to accommodate that I don’t really care. I could make a case for any of them. Tadic is twisting my melons recently with his bitching in the press and his general inability to score from reasonably straight forward chances. Given his technique and ability he should be pushing double figures each year. Maybe if he did that he would warrant more ‘respect’ from his manager and get tapped up by a top four club.

Can you please define ‘proper first team CB’? Do you mean Caceres, who hasn’t played a minute of first-team football for (I think) over a year, and probably much longer than that as a CB?

1 Like

Wear what you want (you’ve earned that right for sure). But more importantly than any blouse, are you + Fowllyd going to have a pre-match beer? The Stable if you travelling by train? Happy to meet there or the Rock.

How about both?

Ha hey.

I finish work at 1pm so will probably be asleep in the street by 1:12pm.

@fowllyd is travelling from farther afield so I’ll let him pick his preferred venue.

1 Like

Rockstone would be better for me as I’ll be driving down from Farnborough. Hoping traffic won’t be too bad so I can get there at a decent time.

I’m holding SO5’s ticket for Bletch so he’s at my mercy.

3 Likes

oh well @newyorksaint doesn’t look like Claude has listened to you

1 Like

Good for me, driving too. Will try to get there for 6-6.15