Southampton FC v the Mighty Eagles - 5th April 2017

On the whole I thought Jack Stephens performed pretty well against Bournemouth.

I’m starting to see signs of the potential that @dubai_phil has mentioned in recent weeks.

5 Likes

These other games tonight aren’t going particularly well for us.

:frowning:

I’ve got no idea what the result will be tomorrow. I would hazard a guess at a really tedious 0-0, but who knows?

I’m finding it hard to get enthused about this one, we seem to have played Palace so often the past couple of years and generally they’ve been pretty underwhelming affairs. Still think saturday was a freak result for them and that we’ve got enough about us to beat them.

2-1 to us me thinks

COYR :innocent:

4 Likes

Yes Caceres I think in terms of resume quality his beats Swindon and Plymouth as a premier leage CB. I thought it was obvious but hey ho. Stephens is getting better but is a long way from being a mid table first choice premier league CB. Him and Yosh are great back up as prooved by our Final defeat

I thought it was obvious that I was suggesting that you have no fucking clue whether Caceres is fit and ready to play - no clue at all - but if it makes you feel good to continually moan and undermine the team, acting like you have the faintest idea what goes on behind the scenes, crack on.

Will probs be able to make it to The Rockstone. If so, it’s 5 mins from my work so I’ll be beered up by about, ooh… 17.35 at the latest.

4 Likes

I am amazed that the bookies have got us odds-on for this one, I wouldn’t even have us as Favourites. You can get Palace at 4/1 (!).

At some point either Long or JRod, by the law of averages, have got to score again sometime. Tonight would be good. Palace rode their luck against Chelsea. 3 points please.

1 Like

Those two couldn’t score in a Robot Sex Worker store even with a Corporate invite.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m gonna win a signed Home Shirt woo hoo!

Zaha to score 14th minute 0-1 to them.

Because that is just how this game always seems to go.

Not really sure what you are on about and why you are so agitated I dont want to get involved in your personal misfortune. But bear in mind two things before you start ranting and raving

1. If someone is on the bench it means they are fit and ready to play. 2. I dont have any idea what goes on behind the scenes
2 Likes

You’ve gotta love the attention Cedric puts into his tweets and the great artwork … obviously there’s an element of self promotion but he also give a feeling that he cares about the club. Top man.

… wondered if he’s started on the draft for his ‘I’d like to thank … for the last two years’ tweet :lou_lol:

2 Likes

I’m not a pro athlete or anything, but I’d be surprised if it was that binary,

2 Likes

Sorry if it seems I’m ranting and raving, I’m just a bit exasperated by armchair managers, mainly on SWF, who think they have a better idea of what team to pick than a professional manager who has taken a team to a Champions League semi-final. Especially those that are perpetually negative.

1 Like

In the Wagon Works in Eastleigh for pre-drink, pre-drink, pre-match drinks.

Will be at the Rockstone around 6:30 I guess.

I hear they’ve got a special on - it’s 13.3% Ovaltine beer made from Peruvian dolphins’ tears.

I’d buy you a pint but you’ve probably already tried it.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Sat in the sun with a pint :lou_smiley:

3 points now please.

Captain Boden has arrived in full flowery finery.

5 Likes

No Bertrand in the squad but Pied is on the bench. Other than that it is as you were.

COYS

1 Like