Southampton V Watford Build up and match day thread

I’m not normally one for pissing my pants but…we look like relegation candidates based on that performance.

Barry.

You nailed it mate.

This is shocking passionless over coached shit

I said 14th and now I am saying we’ll be lucky to skip the drop.

Shit from top to bottom and what are our long term objectives?

Where do we want to be?

Just say middling in the table so the owners can hoover up the money is morally bankrupt but at least its honest, going down will fuck up the owners who want free money so it won’t all be bad.

I’m sorry, but this is really clueless. Cannot really work out what we are trying to do here? Not looking good at all.

3 Likes

So, what’s the deference between the two teams?

Watford clearly want every ball and are hungry for the win. We’re not - that’s it. Despite Baz’s pronouncements of doom and gloom sort those two points and well do just fine.

Its shit and won’t improve with this team and set up.

Out the League Cup.
Did the Teflon board actually tell the fans where they want to finish this year in terms of objectives?
Clueless, rudderless and spineless.

Watford are a good team and will finish above us this season.

The way we’re playing so will another 16 teams at least…

How do you sort out players not being bothered/ hungry about winning?! That should be a basic requirement. I’ve no idea what the problem is but the change of manager doesn’t seem to have made a difference. Maybe these players just aren’t up to the job? It’s fucking odd.

2 Likes

And this is what hurts and few see as they’re blind, how can Watford be better than us?

By money? No.

By Academy? No.

By hard work? Yes

5 Likes

Four games in and already wrists are being slit and mattresses soaked. It’s like being on Saintsweb. Come on guys, have some faith!

3 Likes

Shut the fuck up, Bazza. You’re a stopped clock not a fucking soothsayer.

5 Likes

From a girl at the game

Worse performance I’ve seen for a while and I’ve seen some shit lately!! We couldn’t score if we played all week!

1 Like

The really worrying thing is that we were outplayed and outclassed by a Watford team lacking several first team players through injury, especially in defence. To be fair 2-0 flattered us. Too many of our players just don’t look good enough for the Premiership, that, i think is the sad truth. Difficult to see where we go from here.

1 Like

If the team appeared to have any belief or conviction on what they were being asked to do then I wouldn’t be particularly worried. But they don’t.

I disagree with that. They just don’t appear to give enough of a shit at the moment.

Well that clock is an awful lot more correct than twice a day, you don’t need to be Clinton Baptiste to know we’re shit and the board are taking the piss out of us.

I mentioned the shit transfer window and was pooh poohed, on the cheap once again and this is what we get.

Have we as a club got any direction?

#wemarchon doesn’t carry past anyone who is over 16 and isn’t a plastic

What do the club want to achieve?
Its just basic denial stuff.
If this is the Southampton way then bollocks lets find another that works and copy the bastard as our one is broken.

Do I have to mention JWP?

2 Likes

Just seems evety team weve played are faster and bigger than us.

Almost as if we are the only team in EPL NOT taking steroids or something.

I don’t blame MP he must play that formation.

It is not working and didn’t last year. The system has to change and the speed we play at must increase or we could be in trouble.

We are playing 2014 football and it is not working

Shove your faith up your arse, lets deal in facts.

9 premiership games in 12 and no goals.

4 games in this season with the easiest starts you could ever hope for and we can’t score in 3 of them.

The style of play is the same as Puel and we haven’t strengthened the team at all. we’re poor and we’re going backwards.

2 Likes

Money? The Pozzo family allowed Watford to spend more than us.

You’re right about hard work. Only watched the last 35 and that was enough.

Bring back Puel. Your 0-0 prediction would’ve been nailed on.

I take that as an apology and acceptance of my footballing prowess.