Southampton V Watford Build up and match day thread

When MP mark 1 arrived he made an immediate impact and from memory after about 3 games we were pressing like fucking demons with high energy and a real intent. Now I’m not intending histrionics as it’s not the rustin cohle way ™ but poch had no pre season to work with the players. Can you see where I’m going with this?

From what I’ve seen its no improvent at all from claude’s work, which tbf wasn’t as terrible as some think.

I thought the southampton way was as per pochettino’s template. From all I’d read and heard current MP was tactically clever at killing games agains bigger teams. Is he really a natural believer in how we’re meant to set up and play? Les clearly didn’t ask Claude and I’m wondering how much he asked mope at the interview.

Hopefully it’s just a minor blip and we’ll click into a high intensity, high energy pressing, agressively attack minded colossus of a team by the time of our next game.

COYS

3 Likes

0-0

Half right i suppose. Give yourself a pat on the back.

They looked quicker, stronger, more committed.

I don’t like to chuck out the old cliche about players not caring because I presume they do - but some of them don’t look like they give a shit and are just little boys lost in a busy and confusing game.

Did we have a midfeld?

I’m not surprised that pigeon committed suicide in the Northam - that, and hearing the KLF at halftime were the highlights.

Selling our best players every window was always going to catch us out, especially if we’re relying on the academy to bring on players, how much money does the club want to make and how much do they want to be in this division?
Its obvious they couldn’t give a shite about trophies so this is our lot.

A load of spin, waffle and bollocks.

I leave you numpties to look after Saints and bring home the bacon :laughing: whilst I coach Chris Froome and drag him up those bloooody big hills :astonished:

Obviously unable to trust you roosters :slight_frown:

Onwards and upwards…onto the next game…with me back in charge of coaching the mighty Saints :cool:

You sorreeeee lot are sacked :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

COYS :laughing:

5 Likes

We were shit. It happens. We will improve. Shut up you massive fucking pansy.

5 Likes

Fuck me, that was gash

1 Like

Indeed. In fact, I predict today will be the low point of our season. Onwards and upwards.

5 Likes

Hmm, I would love to agree with you, but I am absolutely shitting myself for the United game.

1 Like

Could someone with existing Ordnance Survey pull send the team a fucking map to goal?

2 Likes

Watford have all the passion and belief we did in our first year, they have a good team playing at full tilt.

As others are saying it’s really odd that we are failing on goal so terribly. For a start we know that they can score goals because we’ve seen it. A few have just done it for their national team’s. Watching today on telly (I’m fully aware that this limits my opinion to nought) it did look llike we were trying out different plays which will either be worked on more or knocked on the head.

If I’m right it’s going to take two or three more games before we see things click. Will learning something new and achieving more create some confidence and eagerness as a team?

1 Like

Funny but I fancy us more against the better teams.

1 Like

Ffs change the record. Which of our better players did we sell this window? JRod wasn’t getting a game. We have got Lemina to come back at VVD. Spitting your fucking dummy out might make you feel better but it won’t change anything. It will get better or it won’t. Life goes on.

2 Likes

I’m going to drown my sorrows in a bottle of Tesco value whiskey. It’s all I deserve.

First game in a while I’ve not watched.

Objectively, were we shit or were the Silva managed Watford smart?

How did Wesley play?

Objectively, a little bit of both.

I read this earlier from the skysports game report and it sort of sums up what happened.

It took a driven volley from the French midfielder which skipped off the turf and beyond Fraser Forster to break the deadlock late in the first half (38), as Saints struggled to find any rhythm in the face of the visitors’ energetic pressing game.

Towards the end of the second half we were a lot better but that’s because Watford took their foot off of our throats for a little bit.

The back for were good enough, the goalkeeper is a slow lumbering lummox who doesn’t inspire confidence.

The midfield were missing today and didn’t feed the fowards so I can’t really comment on them.

2 Likes

Watford smart.

1 Like

Oh and today was one of those days where everything they did came off and worked, loose balls would fall to their players etc. etc. whilst nothing we tried worked.

2 Likes

You phoned me earlier i said hello but it was a mistaken call or you were getting bummed, I listened for a bit and got hard but then decided it was a mistaken call.

1 Like