Stop! Banner Time!

Well, there’s really not too much you can do with a site of this nature except for a good utility home page as mentioned above. Obviously, as you are already aware, you need to get the keywords out there on the home page. Southampton, football, news, city and forum.

After that, interesting, informative and authorative material. As I said earlier, OT is very useful, and an uncommon thing on most sites. That is a good thing to feature for the utility aspect of anyone searching Saints info.

This site will never reach the standard of “high” quality due to it’s fan status. Everything basically rests on the utility of the home page. Official links, well laid out, easy to read etc. With a good home page it could become somewhere between average and useful. That is actually a lot better than it sounds!

The home page is the major key though. After being given a page on a site for evaluation, the first thing we check is the home page to get the lowdown on the attributes of the site. At the moment, of course, it is just a forum that will never rise above average by it’s very nature.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Originally posted by @Ohio-Saint

Originally posted by @lifeintheslowlane

Well I’m pretty chuffed at crashing the top 10…with a bullet (OK in at number 10) seeing as I am the only computer literate who doesn’t own a smart phone.

This means I am incommunicado for large parts of the day i.e. walking the dog: 90 minutes x 2 per day…taking the missus to Romsey Rapids: 60 minutes 4 days a week…doing lunch at a local hostelry 90 > 180 minutes per week.

So the weekly adjusted figure should see me comfortably in a Champion’s League position…but I’m not one to complain. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Correction. You are not the only one. You are the other one. :smile:

Wait a minute, I’m in your gang too.

Well I’m certifiably computer illiterate. My box of tricks wont even let me ctrl +v You-tube links anymore. Reading this thread and has given me a headache.

FFS STOP POSTING YOU SELFISH BASTARDS! I’m now in the relegation places :cry:

OK

I won’t post again for a few minutes.

Honestly.

:laughing:

I am still waiting for a picture of St Albans church on Burgess Road, the castle of the flower estate… Go on you know you want to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Points noted. I’ll upgrade the banner system so that it also cycles through Southampton players, limited shots of the city (remember, we’ve limited space up there). That’s all three areas of interest set up, team, city and people.

We happy enough to go with that?

2 Likes

OK…So we get some pics of Lucy Pinder up there then? :cool:

1 Like

Down voted, Ohio! What has Lucy Pinder got to do with Sotonians?!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

She was born in Winchester, but claims to support Saints!

1 Like

Originally posted by @Ohio-Saint

Just do not show ALL the other shots she did wearing all the other premier league team shirts! :wink:

Oh oookay. I’ve upvoted you to negate the downvote, but I still don’t think there’s any relevance. It’s not like you thought we should have any random Saints supporter in the banner :frowning:

Nice one, Pap!

Papsweb - the place that listens to the people :smile:

1 Like