Summer 2017 transfer window

2 Likes

Short sighted and lemming like thinking goes a long way particlarly if you think Davis has potential - god help us

How can anyone with eyes and is not a lemming not see this. Football fans used to be supporters of the club amd want success not blind zombies paying homage to millionaires

I think you would feel more at home on Saintsweb NYS.

2 Likes

Play Boufal. Get the ball to him. Make sure he looks for Gabbiadini every time he receives the ball. If the opposition are concentrating on these two then there is more space for everyone else. Simples.

3 Likes

No they personally insult each other for expousing valid opinions. I dont do that in cyber world. I leave that to others.

4 Likes

They seem to enjoy it though! :lou_wink:

2 Likes

We have a stronger team than last season by the addition of two first team players. A bit of blind faith in the coach to get what we have performing like they should doesn’t make me a lemming (although you apparently you don’t insult other posters for differing opinions). I think that is exactly what makes me a fan and not blind zombie.

I do insult fellow posters here and on sweb but only when I feel it is deserved. Normally it’s because they’re making a knob off themselves and should stop. If I was honest Don’t Be A Cunt would be a regular response to many long winded negative spiel so called better fans come out with.

8 Likes

It IS going to seem really strange

Going into a season NOT bedding in 4 or 5 replacements.

Now IF ONLY we can get Gabbi to stay in the box & get on the end of final balls we could finish Top 4 with Utd Citeh & Chelsea.

:lou_smiley:

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

2 Likes

So, basically, this is the same team/squad that finished 6th under Koeman. Since then we have lost Mane and Fonte and VvD is making a prick of himself. I don’t worry so much about J-Rod as he hasn’t been the same since his injuries.

We have, since then, added Gabbi and Lemina as starters and some decent CBs as back-ups.

My biggest worry is we haven’t replaced Mane adequately, he is worth 15pts a season at least.

So, if Pellegrino can blow the life back into the squad that Claude seems to have sucked out I don’t see us any better or worse off than we were 2 seasons ago.

The problem Southampton have is that we are a mid-table team and getting the players we need to “push on” is hard because

a) They are bloody expensive
b) They want to play European football

5 Likes

I too am very concerned about this, never in our history, recent or otherwise, have we signed a player not getting game time at their current club and they have done a job for us.

4 Likes

If our forward midfielders look up it will change our game instantly. If Bertrand and on the verge can get back to being the excellent player’s that they are and others that under performing realise their full potential and the new players bed in well then we’ll be up there trying our best again at the end of the season. Of course this is now down to Pelligrino being a good enough coach to make all these ifs a reality. Over to you MP.

I’d have loved to see an amazing AM come in as it would be the cherry on the cake, that final piece.

1 Like

Longwinded. But I agree with blind the faith in the coach

That jose Fonte of all knowledge Paul Merson gave us a C grade in respect of our transfer dealings. When you realise that you know you’ve actually had a pretty good window.

Yep keeping a player that would have given any other Premier League team an A+++ transfer window gives us a C grade one.

Umm run that one past me again???

Paul Merson wouldn’t know his arse from his elbow tbf so I’m not going to lose any sleep over it

4 Likes

Bertrand ?

3 Likes

I’d have gone for Danny Ings as well, local lad and massive Saint, has a lot to prove and won’t get much game time.

Mings would have also been a good shout

You reckon Liverpool would of sold him to us then Baz :lou_lol:

I do rate Danny Ings tho’ but he hasn’t played for very a long time … the same scenario as JRod really (and he was always better than Ings anyway)

3 Likes