Super Kelvin Davis - Testimonial

Is Seaborne still playing?

Was at my local pub quiz last night and the question about what happned in the West Brom v Posh game that hasn’t happened in the FA Cup since 1946 came up.

Now I said that Father and Son on opposing teams was a possibility, then I thought that Anthony Pulis was a bit crap and maybe wasn’t playing any more, not that he ever could, and probably wasn’t playing for Posh.

So maybe we should get Pulis jr in the Promotion 11

Schneiderlin?

Shaw?

Puncheon?

Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Lambert?

Ah, I get it, a ‘worst’ best XI yes?

No team celebrating the glorious rise from League One would be complete without Tommy Forecast.

2 Likes

Are Dean Hammond and David Connoly still fit enough to play? Where’s Richard Chaplow now too?

We also seem to be forgetting Jonathan “Jonno Quick” Forte. :lou_lol:

Actually, I hope they get Guly along, though it’s probably unlikely. And David Connolly, not least for his sterling service down the road. Thinking of it, there’s a shed load of players from those years who I’d love to see at Kelv’s testimonial. How wonderful it would be to see Richard Chaplow’s head shining in floodlights again…

3 Likes

True that. Except he’d probably prioritise an evening in 90 Degrees over attending this.

Criteria for my list was that they had to have made an appearance (and/or be an odious, ratfaced little turd).

1 Like

I think perhaps one or two didn’t spot your special twist on the theme!

I like Kelv. He’s a Lad. I made this when he done his 300th appearance. Check my High Quality Photoshop Work!

6 Likes

Richard chaplow@ Rchap04 Jan 29

Richard chaplow Retweeted Dan stedman

I’m just by the phone waiting for the call, hopefully I’ve made the final cut 🤔 📞 👍🏻

Jason Eldridge-Pace@ JasPacePZOO Jan 29

@ Rchap04 how friendly were you with SKD? 😂 @ SouthamptonFC

Richard chaplow@ Rchap04 Jan 29

Richard chaplow Retweeted Jason Eldridge-Pace

We showered together regularly… I suppose jealousy can get to some people, I’m sure it’ll be fine 😉 😬 📞

7 Likes

Chap low would be a great addition with NA managing the promotion team.

Cortese to provide a half time egg and spoon race

Tickets are on sale now, bitches. Lineup dependent, £14 could prove to be ridiculously good value.

2 Likes

Ta ant, two tickets snaffled already. Itchen North, as per - not that there will be any away fans to shout at :slight_smile:

OK… going to be a provocative fucker here.

However he left, Lallana played a big role in that double promotioning winning side - he came up through our ranks and was not the first and wont be the last to have his head turned by the bright city lights and bigger wedge. He behaved like a cunt and then made it worseby trying to make it better through the newspaper ad… He wont be the last to get poor PR advice that made himlook an even bigger cunt…

But hes just a footballer, who played well for us and contributed to a side that got promoted twice. Is he really worth the level of virtiolic energy that seems to be spouted?

It would be Kelvin’s day and as such should not be by abuse from the stands aimed at someone who did his best whilst he was here. Is it not really a '‘crowd’/mob mentality of bullying? So what if he is loaded and can just fuck off back to scouserville, we dont judge our actions by the effect it has on a ‘victim’ but on the actions themselves.

He is no Saville, just a kid who fucked up his PR… just my POV like. I cant seem to get that ‘angry’ by footballers and their oft cuntish behaviour - par for the course inmy book

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Is he really worth the level of virtiolic energy that seems to be spouted?

Yes.

It would be Kelvin’s day

It will be. The majority will respect that.

Originally posted by Gay Abandon

as such should not be by abuse from the stands aimed at someone who did his best whilst he was here.

I have it on good authority that he really didn’t.

HTH.

3 Likes

I am over the worst of my Lallana hatred. Fuck, we were all led easily astray in our middle 20s. My head might have been spinning too. That said, he knew what he’d said, knew what he’d done and knew what he was prepared to do. Did it all at the worst possible time. I think Klopp likes the effort he puts in up there, but his end product is still very inconsistent and you’d have to think that Jurgen will put personal feelings aside to get someone more clinical.

I know you’ve listed his previous application for the club as a bonus, GA. That’s true, but tbh, whenever I see him in an old video, even if he’s scoring for us, he kinda sullies it with his presence.

1 Like

… its just blokes kicking a pumped up bag of wind around a playing field boys and girls… If it means Soooo much that it requires vitriolic abuse to be sustained indefinitely over such a thing as ‘being a bit of a cunt when he left’…I suggest there is an imbalance in your Force… Just a tad maybe? I mean kids cry when some players leave, but as grown ups we should be able to steer clear of the dark side?

Remember the wise words of Obi wan - (Sir Alec, not the shitty scottish one) ‘‘you must learn to control your anger. Anger leads to hate, and hate leads to the dark side…’’

Having seen his comedy corners, I’ve forgiven him - one out for a throw, the other bounces before it gets to the area, what is not to like?!

Then again I find it easier to love than to hate.

Unless you really piss me off and then I’m all over the hatred thing.

So if he pulls on a Saints shirt for Kelvin I can handle that, but next time I see him in a Liverpool/Burnley/Mansfield kit, that’ll be a different matter.

3 Likes

Have I missed something - is he definitely playing ?

… its just blokes kicking a pumped up bag of wind around a playing field boys and girls… If it means Soooo much that it requires vitriolic abuse to be sustained indefinitely over such a thing as ‘being a bit of a cunt when he left’…I suggest there is an imbalance in your Force… Just a tad maybe? I mean kids cry when some players leave, but as grown ups we should be able to steer clear of the dark side?

Sure; where does that end though? The tribalism and division that comes via football support is inherently illogical. But you’re either in or out. I have no issue with die-hard fans treating the club in a ‘before all else’ manner - either way it’ll always be bigger than the individuals.

Next step: the players - home and away alike - link arms and skip around the centre circle before kick-off, then ensure that every match ends as a draw (just in case anybody’s feelings get hurt).

hey? not sure what you are sugesting ant, as I have not suggetsed anything that undermines the ‘logical’ passion of supporting a club. You actually make my point for me in that blind hate for a former player is ‘illogical’ - and as such a complete and utter waste of time and pretty immature… something most grow out of

The passion during 90 mins, the OTT expression of emotion is all fair enough… and part of the game. But the continuation of the negativity of this into every day life is quite frankly a bit pathetic. Its ‘tolerated’ only because there is this continued uberfan mentality that like to suggest you either get it or dont. That is bollocks. I get it, I fully understand the psychology behind the tribalism, I just happen to believe its unnecessary. You can still be a pasionate fan, be fully commiteted to the side and the game, without the need to hate former players for acting a bit of cunt . seriously… there are much more important things in life and if some folk dont have them then that is a real shame and be pitied not celebrated IMHO…