šŸ‡øšŸ‡¾ Syria

TBF @philippinesaint if it was fired near the begining or middle of the conflict then 30 years would be about right, if it was fired in the last years of the conflict then this would have to be adjusted to over 29 years.

Pedant :lou_lol:

1 Like

Enter Israel stage right:

https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/878619318891819010

And Israel butting in is really going to help stabilise the situation?

:lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

ISIS are coming under serious pressure in Syria from the legitimate government forces, every time this happens the US or Israel step in to ease the pressure on them. The bottom line is this.

Syria under Assad is a secular state, total freedom of religion, equal rights for all, male and female from primary school age to university and beyond. Beautiful christian cathedrals and churches in Syria have been destroyed, razed to the ground over the past few years by Islamic fundamentalist ā€œmoderate rebelsā€, many of them from the West, supported by our governments. Catholic priests and nuns have been slaughtered, some of them whilst protecting orphanage children. It is estimated that there are Islamic fighters from up to 90 different countries fighting to overthrow the legitimate sovereign country of Syria. Civil war my arse!

The alternative to this secular state, as desired by our governments is to overthrow Assad, a la Gaddafi, Saddam, and leave the people of Syria at the mercy of these fundamentalists. With all that entails. This is a price worth paying to leave a once stable country in chaos, thereby facilitating the gas pipeline which has the added bonus of really fucking over Russia. Large chunks of our national revenue is going on supporting this, the ā€˜magic money treeā€™ is in full bloom when it comes to financing this sort of thing. Two billion as a bribe to religious right wing fundamentalists in NI to get them on board, that will do nicely! But money for the NHS, nurses, firemen police etc, no no no, the ā€˜magic money treeā€™ has shrivelled and died.

And just wait if Brexit happens, then we really will be fucked. This country will be at the mercy of the USA, their wars will be our wars, Trumpā€™s foreign policy will be our foreign policy, on pain of our economy being destroyed. The 51st state in all but name. Say thank you nicely to the Brexters!

7 Likes

Pont of order @nottarf-krap

51st state likely to be Puerto Rico

Weā€™ll be 52ndā€¦

Yes, you could well be right. But i did sayā€™in all but nameā€™. Fuck, i suppose ā€˜in all but nameā€™ we probably have been the 51st for years!

2 Likes

Reuters, ABC etc are reporting the Israeli attack. Canā€™t seem to see the story on the BBC though. Am I reading too much into it?

1 Like
3 Likes

I predict a chemical weapons attack, blamed on the Assad regime, followed by troops on the ground.

Given the red line, itā€™s the last fucking thing in the world that Assad will want to do.

Nevertheless, you just know it will ā€œhappenā€. :grimacing:

5 Likes
4 Likes

course it is - Trump is a small handed, multiple bankruptee, misogynist who has a small dick (canā€™t verify the last point)

Heā€™s a cock.

1 Like

I see that Boris Johnson is ā€œutterly convincedā€ that the evidence implicates Assad. The thing is, I, and I suspect many others, have the ability to recall memories four years past. I can remember William Hague, then foreign secretary, saying that the chances of that chemical attack being anyone but Assad were ā€œvanishingly smallā€.

No matter his prior proclamations on the use of US might, Trump has clearly been ā€œvibrated into shapeā€ by the military industrial complex. Obama was too. Itā€™ll play out the same way that it did then.

Red line. Chemical attack. Fingers pointed at Assad. Military action. Rinse and repeat.

I restate two points. First, it makes no sense for Assad to initiate such attacks in the face of the red lines, not in 2013, and not in 2017. The independent investigation into 2013 had blame pointing toward the rebels, corroborated by a French journalist, imprisoned at the time by rebels, who claimed that his captors were organisationally complicit in the attack.

Trump is a cock, but remember that Obama did exactly the same, breaking the precedent and allowing this kind of action.

3 Likes

Fair point @pap - though Boris and Trump are unmitigated arses and need to be dealt with to remove their malign influence on middle eastern politics (in a non violent way of corse)

Both are class A Fucknuts

The real humdinger in this is the Mediaā€™s complicity. Here you have a Pullitzer Prize winning journalist and a respected former intelligence officer calling bullshit on this Assad is a murderous, chemical weapon wielding nutter narrative and itā€™s had virtually no coverage.

2 Likes

Whereā€™s @coxford_lou these days?

To be honestā€¦sometimes :innocent:

I have never recovered from being told by a very reliable sourceā€¦that the USA never landed on the moon :astonished:ever :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So I stopped believing a word their politicians ,CNN, New York Times etc spoutedā€¦

Comparisons to our Goverments over many years :smile:

Twanging and a sanging pardner.

Textbook:

1 Like

Trouble here is who do you believe?

Those who you think are the good guys?

From what I can see, there are no good guys in all of this. There are too many atrocities by both sides, too much propaganda and lies by every side to justify what they are doing.

The UK, USA, Russia all need to take a fucking good long hard look at themselves for creating such a shitstormā€¦fucknuts!