šŸ‡øšŸ‡¾ Syria

Assad has nothing to gain by using CW. Absolutely nothing. Here we have Trump drawing a line in the sand, saying basically, if we suspect you are using CW we are going to bomb the shit out of you.

As soon as Assadā€™s forces start making in in roads into rebel held territory the rebels cry ā€œChlorine! Sarin!ā€.

Wonder where they got that idea from? Or got their weapons from?

The US, Israel et al are not in Syria to keep the peace. They were not invited and they are certainly not helping.

3 Likes

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/why_wont_media_tell_real_story_of_trumps_military_strike_in_syria_20170701

1 Like

The simple fact is that all the Western forces in coalition against Assad are breaking international law.

Youā€™re going to get those thatā€™ll defend the establishment for whatever reason. We had posters here that seemingly had no other purpose.

They are now absent, presumably because the actions of the West are morally indefensible for anyone rocking anything more complex than a cartoonish characterisation of supposed Western munificence.

1 Like

Even the bible reckons itā€™s fucked.

Watch our Sir John, itā€™s happening again

I see Sir John Chilcot has noticed that A. Blair was perhaps not wholly straight with the country about Iraq. Oh, get over it. Most of those who were fooled by the ludicrous smirking Blair puppet were taken in because they wanted to be. Thatā€™s why theyā€™re so angry with him now. They canā€™t arrest themselves for war crimes, so they want to do it to somebody else.

Hereā€™s a suggestion. The time to spot youā€™re being fooled is when you are being fooled. That way, you can stop it happening. And currently Mr Alexander ā€˜Borisā€™ Johnson is fooling you like anything, this time over Syria. He recently supported Donald Trumpā€™s wholly illegal missile attack on that country, claiming to be speaking on your behalf. Itā€™s WMD all over again, you wait and see. The Make War Not Love Faction in the West are currently working very hard to entangle us in a Syrian conflict.

Franceā€™s grand new President, whom I think of as Napoleon the Fourth, wants to join in the next attack. Britain probably doesnā€™t have the kit to take part, but promises to cheer as the bombs fall.

Mr Johnson remarked last week: ā€˜As I have said previously, the UKā€™s assessment is that the Assad regime almost certainly carried out this abominable attackā€™ ā€“ by which he means an alleged poison gas attack on the Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun. The Foreign Office have no proof for this claim. A new report by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is incredibly cautious about what happened (its scientists couldnā€™t go to the site, which is controlled by jihadis). It doesnā€™t allocate blame. It just suits people like Mr Johnson to believe it was Syria, because they want a war.

Sir Geoffrey Adams, our man at the OPCW, said last week that ā€˜there is no evidence to suggest that any party to the conflict in Syria, other than the Syrian government, has access to a complex nerve agent such as sarinā€™.

There is such evidence. Mokhtar Lamani, the distinguished diplomat and academic, helped investigate a sarin gas attack in Khan al-Assal, Syria, in March 2013. He reported to the UN serious evidence that the Islamist fanatics of the Nusra Front might have possessed poison gas products. I put this as cautiously as I can.

In May of that year, several Nusra operatives were arrested in Turkey. Turkeyā€™s government is sympathetic to Nusra and, like the USA and Britain, hostile to the Syrian government. To begin with, the Nusra men were accused of possessing sarin, but the charge was later dropped. Two Turkish opposition MPs have since claimed their government is soft-pedalling the probe.

Reminded of this, the FO changed their position, saying instead there is ā€˜no serious evidenceā€™. Why are they so anxious to believe their Nusra friends donā€™t have poison gas, yet so frantic to believe that Syria is using poison gas? We canā€™t know. Thatā€™s exactly the point. As in Iraq, our leaders have begun to believe what they want to believe. And when the inquiry into the disastrous, yet-to-happen Syria war is held, I hope someone notices this.

2 Likes

The new silk road is open for business:

http://21stcenturywire.com/2017/07/09/air-nato-a-look-inside-the-wests-secret-weapons-racket-thats-destroying-syria/

1 Like

I dunno Goaters, you come on here, with your linked blog post, with all its sources, and you expect us to believe it?

This is the maddening thing about Syria. Step outside the Anglo-American bubble for a bit and its perfectly obvious what is going on.

1 Like

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2017/07/who-gassed-whom-in-syria-we-dont-know-please-dont-be-rushed-into-war.html

1 Like

Good article @goatboy - thanks for posting it.

Another example of our political ā€œleadersā€ seeing only what they want to see and climbing in to bed with anyone to achieve their aims. The problem I have is that Iā€™m becoming more and more unsure about what they are trying to achieve. OK Assad isnā€™t a nice bloke by all accounts but there was stability in the region. Now all weā€™ve done is backed terrorist organisations to completely destabilise the whole region - probably because Assad has the support of Putin, and we canā€™t have that now can weā€¦

What a clusterfuck.

:lou_facepalm_2:

Dwight Eisenhower warned us of the dangers of the military industrial complex when he delivered his closing speech as President, @cobham-saint . True, as the President that propagated the still unfinished Korean War, he helped kick that off, but he also saw them up close and personal.

The simple fact is that you make more money from chaos than you do from calm, especially when those providing the services are from the private sector.

Chaos is great for the economy, because chaos needs addressing. Thereā€™s always going to be a background level of chaos. Natural disasters, personal ones, such as a death in the family. These cannot be avoided, and there are people that make their professional living from them, but no one begrudges undertakers or coroners their dues.

The military industrial complex needs war to survive. The vast sums channeled into its coffers are built on the chaos of conflict, orders of magnitude more profitable than piss-poor peace, because ultimately, everything that is destroyed, be it materiel, infrastructure or regime, needs to be replaced. And thereā€™s a great deal of dough to be made in the replacing.

Eisenhowerā€™s speech is still seen as prophetic. I think he was a good twenty years behind the times. The same kind of forces that furnished Hitler with his war machine are seeking to create conflagrations wherever they can today.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know that about Eisenhower @pap - will do some reading.

Ta.

1 Like

This is a good primer.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried to keep my inputs on here balanced, which has been difficult in the face of the programming that the West has endured.

Anyway Damascus Saint has just returned from 6 weeks summer break with his family in Damascus. Guess what?

Itā€™s buzzing and busy. Overall the people are in a worse off place - unemployment and rampant inflation caused by the collapse of the economy, BUT economic activity is ramping up very fast. Oh wait have you lot not heard about that?

Construction is underway repairing damage, shops are fully stocked, clubs bars and restaurants all now need reservations, the Topless Bar has stayed open all through the war of course. For someone like DS running a business down here and paid in dollars, Damascus is heaven at the moment, he hosted a dinner for 15 people, pplentty of food, lots of dancing, couple of bottles of Chivas. total cost less than 60 quid.

The hotels are full, over 50% are Asian businessmen, signing up contracts to distribute Capital Goods for the rebuilding. The French Embassy is planned to re-open in 2 weeks.

But you havenā€™t read any of that and I am no doubt some massive apologist for pointing this stuff out. DS has been busy recruiting, Engineers, Installation Technicians, organising warehouse facilities. Obviously all the time with Security Guards in tow. He knows the people need work, he also knows that while the basics can be taken care of by the local industry (oh yes they have industry by the way) they will need to import so much to replace whhat has been destroyed - Pumps for Water Treatment & Sewerage systems, Construction equipment etc.

And of course, where will the ā€œWestern Aidā€ be when it is really needed? Most will no doubt come from Russia and China. Which for me would be bloody good news, it serves the asset strippers that destroyed Libya and almost destroyed Egypt right.

Anyway, donā€™t take my word for it, read this.

No I mean READ IT.

In the new World Order, ā€œPublic Opinionā€ is the most dangerous thing that exists, it is so easily manipulated - the world is grey, not black and white or alt-l alt-r

1 Like

Youā€™re right Phil, none of the 'Syria is rebuilding" narrative makes it into the main stream media over here.

Fortunately we have unrestricted access to the internet :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Is this about democracy or sectarianism?

Or about Iran and Saudi?

Which is great, and reflects on the actual intelligence levels of everyone. But the issue is the mass majority who simply tweeted bomb Assad a couple of years ago and moved on. The Bandwagon Jumpers I suppose.

But HOPING to be able to go visit all my pals up there early next yearā€¦ They need every dollar we can spend in that Country now

Bump

Revisiting an old accusation

A cynic would ask what other news is being buried in the UK, USA or somewhere else - Iā€™ll put my tin foil hat away nowā€¦

:lou_sunglasses:

The BBC did well burying that news on their website