šŸ‡øšŸ‡¾ Syria

It has just been reported that the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons has accepted an invitation from the Syrian Government to investigate this alleged attack. Will Trump and ā€˜Bonkersā€™ Bolton dare to ignore this and attack Syria anyway. My hunch is that , sadly, they probably will. Too much has been invested, culminating in the past month with the oh so convenient Salisbury poisonings, and now this so called chemical attack. Anyone who seriously believes that Assad, on the cusp of victory against these Jihadist rebels, would do the one thing that would guarantee the West would come in and put a stop to this victory is surely not playing from a full deck. But i donā€™t think that matters any more, our rulers know that we know itā€™s all bullshit, they donā€™t care. We want our war, and by jove we shall have it. So sad to see all the MSM journalists, with a tiny handful of notable exceptions, marching lockstep alongside these evil bastards though.

2 Likes

It made no sense for Syrian government forces to deploy chemical weapons in 2013. It was the one red line that Obama drew on the landscape, and the incident took place just after Syrian forces were in the ascendancy.

In 2018, after the complete and verified destruction of any remaining chemical agents after Russian intervention, and the Syrian government having recaptured 94% of territorial integrity, it makes less sense than it did five years ago, and it made no sense then.

4 Likes

Iā€™m becoming more and more pissed off with the antics of our elected representatives / Govt. Trouble is that I suspect most people will see the pictures of little children suffering as a result of what appears to be an unverified event and agree to bomb Syria in retribution - sad as the pictures were, I still believe in verifiable proof of what actually happened.

fs, do people not realise weā€™re backing the bloody jihadists that the Govt were so keen to demonise.

2 Likes

Just been announced that May, Trump and Macron will take joint action in Syria in order to "uphold the global ban on the use of chemical weaponsā€™. So clearly the decision has been taken, even though the OPCW have accepted an invitation to investigate this so called gas attack and will be on their way shortly, Trump and his coalition of the out of their depth will strike before the OPCW has a chance to investigate. Itā€™s not difficult to see why. If they are allowed to go there and investigate and find nothing, the credibility of the White Helmets, the Islamic Jihadist ā€˜rebelsā€™ who are our proxies in the ongoing attempt to effect regime change, all of them, is gone. This is the last chance for anything like this again. This is why there is a rush to war.

This alleged attack differs from the previous ones in that unlike other locations where there were claims of chemical attacks, but which could not be investigated because the areas were held by Jihadists and the safety of the investigators couldnā€™t be guaranteed, this is the first time that the location is in the hands of the Syrians and the Russians. Both Syria and Russia have said they will assist and facilitate the inspection and will not impede. This would be a first, a chance of investigating and attributing blame based on facts and evidence. By inviting OPCW in Russia and Syria are obviously confident they have nothing to hide. Itā€™s our lot who are terrified of any independant investigation. I wonder why!

Translation is very stuttery, but worth a listen. Some important points raised. American admittance of no evidence, howā€™s the msm doing reporting that?

But 19:45 he makes the real statement(again, howā€™s the reporting of that going?

ttps://youtu.be/_ECKb2ktMAA

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

As Julian Lewis (MP for the New Forest - probably the MP for some of you on this forum) says, weā€™re left with an invidious choice. Who do we support? The monsters or the maniacs?

Worth clicking on the thread here:

1 Like

Honestly the moron goes on about wanting proof & evidence of his links to Russia at the election.

Yet is about to enter a full on shooting war with Russia on hearsay

Start digging guys

Trump warns Russia on Syria missile threat - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43727829

I dropped an email to my local MP to urge restraint and seek proof

Dominic Raab has aspirations to high office so heā€™ll ignore me no doubtā€¦

2 Likes

How to talk to a BBC reporter.

ā€œPlease engage your brainā€

4 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes

Superb. I wonder how long that will be allowed to stay up for!

1 Like

What, to my MP?

Cheers Goat

:wink:

And got a direct reply from Peter Hitchens when suggesting someone with a grasp of twitter should get #contactyourmp trending :lou_smiley:

2 Likes

Oh shit. How do I turn my notifications off?!!!

Youā€™ll have to ā€œmuteā€ the stuff you donā€™t want, like I had to do with #pelligrinoout

Easiest way is on the web, go to the notifications tab, click on settings and then click on ā€œMute specific words from your notifications and timeline.ā€

The rest should be easy for a man of your Kaliber!!

1 Like

Done. Quoted for posterity.

Hi Stephen,

Hope youā€™re doing well. I am writing in my capacity as a constituent to ask you to do as much as you possibly can to ensure that any decision for further military action is based on a vote in the Commons, not the Royal prerogative.

As you know, I am not a huge fan of Tony Blair, but one thing that I will say for him is that he established the very healthy precedent of seeking Parliamentary approval for military action. It was this precedent that has prevented our overt involvement in Syria since 2013, when David Cameron felt he had to uphold that precedent, only to be defeated by an Ed Miliband led coalition.

As a Labour Party member, Iā€™d like to ask you to do as much as you can to help win any hypothetical vote, and prevent the issue from being used as factional ammunition. If the likes of Jeremy Corbyn had been listened to in the run up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, weā€™d not be facing the many additional problems we are now.

I would like to add that as a former member of a jury, I have seen the diligence and care that our justice system takes in the conviction of one individual accused of ABH or anything worse.

ā€œWe think the defendant is probably guiltyā€ was not enough, according to the judge when delivering his jury instructions. We had to be ā€œsatisfied that we were sureā€ on the basis of the evidence we had seen and heard.

Those instructions gave me a great deal of faith in our justice system, gave me the belief that if I were ever accused of something Iā€™d never done, its rigour would ultimately prevent me from being convicted.

I sit simply astounded that in matters Salisbury and Syria, we are prepared to convict without evidence, without investigation and without being satisfied that we are sure, especially when it threatens a conflagration of world conflict.

Please do whatever you can to prevent this from happening. Please demand a vote in Parliament and defeat the government in its plans to unresolve a largely resolved situation.

Sincerely,

Paul

3 Likes