Tebbit test on full view

Why learning a language of the nation you live in is incredibly important, so much so its on many immigration applications now.

I agree with you though concerning people are people, Liverpool gets all sorts of good and bad stereotypes, militant, kind, thieves, the most intelligent fans going etc etc its all bollocks, but I believe I did say that ie speak as you find.

The Tebbit test was a way not of supporting a team but a question of allegience to the nation in which you reside. Supporting a team is one thing, supporting the nation you live in over the one you have come from generations down is quite another.

Was that the part of the post or was a little bit cut off for effect?

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez.

The Tebbit test was a way not of supporting a team but a question of allegience to the nation in which you reside. Supporting a team is one thing, supporting the nation you live in over the one you have come from generations down is quite another.

But you started the thread by saying that the tebbitt test was being seen in full at the cricket.

To understand how to cope with this complex life, of ours some people turn to prophets, some ponder over the contents of tablets of stone, some follow the teachings of an ancient book, but fat stuff watches Come Dine With Me. I’d give you 7 ,but if you made me a nice pepper steak, I’d probably give you one.

Barry, you’re special. Never leave this place.

What was Tebbit actually alluding to? It could also be used as a vehicle to say you aren’t something as well.

Come now Bazza, don’t let this pearler pass you by.

anal1 is waiting for an answer.

Pap you’re easily pleased if you think that’s a pearler lad, nothing, nothing at all, the test was an example of the lack of social integration.
People actually taking the Tebbit test literally are being a tad silly.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Pap you’re easily pleased if you think that’s a pearler lad, nothing, nothing at all, the test was an example of the lack of social integration. People actually taking the Tebbit test literally are being a tad silly.

So basically, the entire topic is unimportant?

If you feel that highlighting divisions in society unimportant of course.

We’re very good at ignoring uncomfortable truth’s but shit hot at giving people speeding fines in this Country.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

To understand how to cope with this complex life, of ours some people turn to prophets, some ponder over the contents of tablets of stone, some follow the teachings of an ancient book, but fat stuff watches Come Dine With Me. I’d give you 7 ,but if you made me a nice pepper steak, I’d probably give you one.

In all of space, dharma is everywhere.

We’re very good at ignoring uncomfortable truth’s but shit hot at giving people speeding fines in this Country.

You’re very good at ignoring the huge problems in a 26 year old argument that was mocked at the time.

Would you expect an Aussie or a Kiwi to support the English cricket team?

I’m not ignoring it you are Pap, the Tebbit test was a small example or a larger problem.

I never knew Aussies and Kiwi’s had any problem with integrating? What’s their culture or religion?

I’m not ignoring it you are Pap, the Tebbit test was a small example or a larger problem. I never knew Aussies and Kiwi’s had any problem with integrating? What’s their culture or religion?

What’s the larger problem?

What’s the difference between Aussies and Indians that means Australians can support the cricket team of their homeland, and mean us no harm, yet its somehow sinister when Indians do it?

But what is English culture? We’re the guy that sits at the table and wants a bit of what everyone else ordered.

Learn to speak English is fair enough. Didn’t manage to watch the cricket but presumably you heard a large amount of foreigners in the crowd speaking foreign?

Fatso’s point about the philosophical stalwart ‘come dine with me’ made me think though. Welsh is a dying language and that’s pretty worrying. We don’t have any similar concerns about English though - apart from it possibly becoming known as American.

What I think he is saying is that if you move you have to support where you move to.

So Pap are you a Liverpool or Everton supporter now?

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

What I think he is saying is that if you move you have to support where you move to.

And people do. They pay into the tax system, start businesses, etc. You know full well that I am an ardent defender of Liverpool, if we’re talking people or city.

So Pap are you a Liverpool or Everton supporter now?

But teams? Fuck that. And oddly enough, no-one has ever thought me capable of going on some parochially inspired rampage :lou_sunglasses:

Pap I think Tebbit was making a larger insinuation than that, but being ever so British had to allude to it.

That’s why I’m asking you.

What’s the larger problem? How do you solve it?

You started this thread twenty six years after the term first appeared in the news. You must have some ideas and conclusions.

So you recognise integration is an issue, I’m glad as many Governments do and this will feature heavily in the Nice attack inquiry, now what can we do?

That is a tough question to answer and without reducing human rights very little and that’s why its so sad, as long as people see elders as leaders and religion above the state, mixed marriages are frowned upon for a variety of reasons, you have to want to integrate to integrate.