The 2016 close season transfers thread

haha, koeman loses Sissoko at the last minute as Tottenham come in with a late £30m bid.

3 Likes

Looks like Daniel Levy has just shafted Ronald by hijacking the Sissoko deal…

For a club claiming to be the next Man City, Everton’s transfer dealings of late have been ridiculous.

Perhaps they spent all of their budget on the manager.

Loaned Valencia from West Ham. Massive club Everton.

Right then… with all that transfer window and yellow ties bollox out of the way, how are we all feeling about the state of the squad?

I feel I need convincing over Romeu replacing VW on a permanent basis because so far PEH isn’t occupying that position which at one stage I assumed he would. I also don’t believe the club are convinced by Romeu, hence 2 years left on his deal and zero interest from the usual vultures. Clearly up to him to prove himself.

This view might be as much about the system as the player. This diamond looks like it could expose our single holding midfielder at times. I wouldn’t be upset if we returned to 4-2-3-1 sooner rather than later. Just think, Claude could have 4 wingers upfront then! Ha

Centre back…fingers crossed VVD and JF stay fit. If we do get injuries I would be almost inclined to throw Jack Stephens in, sink or swim to an extent. He is 22 now, the same age as £50 million marvel, John Stones. That might be a bit stupid admittedly but I’ve seen what Yoshida is about and he won’t improve in my view… so let’s see what else we’ve got.

(Side note - for all the talk surrounding the subject of ‘the pathway’ and academy, I note that Claude hasn’t included any youngsters in his squads yet. And Targett and JWP don’t count! Early days for sure but remember how Pochettino hit it hard and threw 3 or 4 in straight away. So was Koeman right or are we just in a period of transition and recovering from the pathway being blocked?)

Up top, well let’s just hope our ‘wingers for strikers’ find their shooting boots. Shane needs a goal too soon for his confidence. If only Mertesacker was playing next week!

Thoughts? Confident or ‘time will tell?’

4 Likes

I can’t see us winning the league tbh. I can’t see us finishing bottom either. Think we’ll be somewhere in between. I am not ITK on this tho, so don’t take ur mortgage down the bookies, it’s just what I think at the moment.

10 Likes

Having unlimited cash and then chasing the type of players who can easily sign for a club which finished in the Top 4 or 6 shows that they are minted, but clueless. Ashley Williams may actually turn out to be their best signing but hardly what they expected I am sure.

We prob have money in bank IMO, but you can Only Spend It Once. If the deal ain’t right, don’t do it. That’s what I said to Les when he phoned me yesterday AM, he was bit flustered cos he’d been getting a bit of grief on Saintsweb, but I was like, relax bro, you’ve still got my support.

8 Likes

Wow I could have stayed up until 3am watching a wobbly stream of SSN to discover the big Deadline Day News from Saints

Dom Gape goes on loan

Football has finally given up on Osvaldo and Osvaldo has finally given up on football.

He’s retired (because no one will employ him - his behaviour is even too bad for South America), he’s now concentrating on his music career.

I’m sure that will go well and be incident-free…

5 Likes

What a waste of talent

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Football has finally given up on Osvaldo and Osvaldo has finally given up on football.

He’s retired (because no one will employ him - his behaviour is even too bad for South America), he’s now concentrating on his music career.

What a waste of talent

Waste of breath as well

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

What a waste of talent

Not if he’s a better musician than footballer.

1 Like

Football fans during the transfer window are like kids at Christmas. Mum has told them that all they are getting is a new PS4 to replace the one that has broken and has repeated this many time, however in the run up they have convinced themselves that they are not only getting the PS4 but also an Xbox, a 4k 50" tv and a new bike. Then on Christmas morning , surrounded by wrapping paper, there is just the PS4 and they cannot understand why Santa is such a bastard

7 Likes

That kid sounds like a prick.

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

That kid sounds like a prick.

He is Saint Robbie

6 Likes

It will be fine up until the point he nuts the A&R guy.

We’ll always have Man City.

Has it closed yet a?

LOLs at Sky and BBC have endless repeats of Giapazzi Bumholi transferring from some unknow Portuguese 3rd division side to some unknow Portuguese 3rd division side… switching on the live feed was 83 seconds I will never get back… did miss seeing some unknown fuckwit reporter standing in the rain outsid some stadium surround by around 15 of the local fans jumping around like the fuckwits they are having lost their collective single neuron…

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Has it closed yet a?

LOLs at Sky and BBC have endless repeats of Giapazzi Bumholi transferring from some unknow Portuguese 3rd division side to some unknow Portuguese 3rd division side… switching on the live feed was 83 seconds I will never get back… did miss seeing some unknown fuckwit reporter standing in the rain outsid some stadium surround by around 15 of the local fans jumping around like the fuckwits they are having lost their collective single neuron…

Deadline day has lost its magic for me. By ‘magic’ I’m of course referring to the guy from Sky Sports getting a Rampant Rabbit in his ear…

7 Likes

Im also calling ‘bullshit’ on this one!! Laughable attempt to save face!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10561532/everton-wanted-james-mccarthy-over-moussa-sissoko-says-owner-farhad-moshiri

1 Like