The BIG Match (thread) :The mighty free scoring Saints (prefer demons) vs Raspy Sean's Clarets

I take your points Bazza.

I’d say Romeu and Maya would give it up for this team. Struggling to find anyone else that isn’t a cash grabber though.

Baz and the Bazettes.

You’re a defo Bazette, I bet I’m next to Donny Osmond and David Essex on your wall.

1 Like

Bollox fkn bollocks !!! … I’ve just spent half an hour writing a monster rant about today and our MoPey manager, then somehow managed to delete the lot as I was adding an angry poo to the end !!!

If I was annoyed then I’m bordering on livid now !! Anyway I’ve got half a litre of Absolut voddie I’m gonna get down my neck and when it’s done, I’ll be nicely in the mood to SHOUT AT MATCH OF THE DAY, before bed :lou_lol:

4 Likes

Don’t think we need a new manager.

Think we need a fucking good shrink.

Players have become terrified of playing football and making a mistake.

We are turgid, but then outside the top 5 or so EVRYONE is turgid this season - at least our turgidity is consistent every week we could be Wet Spam who swing between turgid shocking and world beaters yet don’t even defend for 80 minutes to scrape a point - or WBA

Fear - that ain’t management that’s environment

7 Likes

West Ham, Swansea and Everton would like to be us right now.

3 Likes

This morning’s motivaational quote

Naaa…most of our lads would miss their mouth and shoot their ear off.

3 Likes

A bit of an off thread question but with attacking wing backs why is 3 at the back deemed defensive?

I would like to put you up against my wall Bazza, but I would use a .303 bullet instead of blue tack.

:lou_wink:

Because with the ingrained “fear factor” we seem to have at the moment, those wing backs wouldn’t dare go past the halfway line?

On top of the shit that was yesterday I managed to lose my phone on the way home. Bollocks.

Did you lose it at St Marys?

A race to the bottom for shiteness? Why compare for something worse for solace? The reality is we’re playing shit with holes of quality in the team, accept that an we can move on and improve, denial and saying we’re better than Leyton Orient is meaningless but a lovely comfort blanket.

No. Somewhere on a bus in deepest, darkest Oxfordshire

I’m watching PL Southampton v Burnley hits on sky sports.

Our approach play is really good, but so limp when it comes to the final part. We are playing football the right way, but bloody toothless is an understatement.

Great header for the goal, but Forster did not move his feet quickly enough. I think he should have at least got something on it, but not even near it. Ball was in the net, the dive seemed an after thought!

4 Likes

There are so many questions it’s difficult to know where to start…

When Bertrand bothers to make a run up the wing on the overlap, why ignore him?

What’s the point of Gabbiadini with zero service?

What’s the point of Tadic?

Why can’t we take a corner?

What’s the point of those cardboard clappers?

Is this the worst scoring run in club history yet?

Do I have to keep going or can I sell them back a half season ticket?

How bad are teams below us if we have this many points without trying?

Half season tickets are laughed upon here and I agree, a sign of the clapper and day tripper, you’re either in for the shit (a Southampton fan) or you’re not.

What if you’ve been in a coma baz? Or been working abroad for half the year? Or not been able to afford it? Or been told by medical professionals to avoid situations that will worsen your clinical depression? Lots of good reasons for people to only buy a half season ticket.

3 Likes

Buying a fucking half season will only fucking worsen a depression with those bellends, half seasons are for whoppers and clubs that can’t sell out and try to commercially sell out man…

It was a great header so it’s a little churlish to blame Forster, but…

If you watch the point where Vokes contacts the ball, Forster was in the air - bouncing his way back to his line.

IF he’d had his feet on the ground he might have reached the ball.

IF he’d stayed off his line a bit and moved quickly he might have reached the ball.

What happened was that he moved himself as far away from Vokes as possible which meant he had the furthest distance to travel to get the ball, plus he couldn’t start moving until he landed back on his feet. All of which made him look cumbersome and reactive.