The Chinese Have Spoken

Youre’ lucky, I can’t remember the last time I saw a goal “live” at SMS!!!

Barry not sure what you consider common practice after taking over a buisness for 210m… but working for a global comapny that at the end of 2016 merged with another creating a $12bn company, what IS typoical is that itsbusiness as usual for 12-18 months or so and new owners observe and learn the business whilst preparing a longer term strategy… I dount that strategy will please you, but suggest you wait and see before trolling teh fuck out of it to get a rise :lou_lol:

1 Like

No point in expanding the stadium if you can’t fill it. Basic economics and makes perfect sense. It has been said that the club are looking to bring in new players so what makes you think that they won’t? Where is your evidence that Gao is going to syphon money out of the club?

The X Box, Les Reed, Gao and Ralph Kruegar fill you with confidence?

Where is the evidence he is pumpng the money in?

He has already invested in the club when he bought it. Where is your evidence that he will take money out?

What has he invested in? He bought the club that is his personal investment not the clubs, his previous financial arrangements and previous Chinese owners give me cause for concern, he has already bailed on this window gambling our premiership future, you confident of staying up?

It’s pulled some gems out of the hat before, what’s to say it won’t again?

Surely you should leave it until the 31st Jan to state that he has already bailed on this window??

I don’t know, saw 3 in the last game and 5 in the one before that. :lou_sad:

1 Like

It’s pulled some gems out of the hat before, what’s to say it won’t again?

Surely you should leave it until the 31st Jan to state that he has already bailed on this window??

%.

Dunno @barry-sanchez I find very little to argue with in that reply!!

The % of us finding those players again is slim to nil, also we’re starting at a lower base, we’re struggling and not on the up, why the fuck would someone come here? The manager could be gone at any minute.

How does his win % stack up?

Anyone who says Gao has invested in the club simply by buying it is either Ralfs love child , Kats banker or a fool

Gao gave Kat £200 odd million . That was the deal. To invest in a football club you need to put money into the football club!

He may do this I dont know BUT he certainly has not yet and by what Kruger specifically says in the Echo it is looking like any future investment ie speculation will not be in the first 11.

Or maybe they just own a dictionary. I know what you mean though, in football when people say Investment they often seem to mean waste your own money, not ours.

2 Likes

@newyorksaint from Investopedia (yes, it’s a thing!!)

What is an 'Investment’

An investment is an asset or item that is purchased with the hope that it will generate income or will appreciate in the future. In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth. In finance, an investment is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will be sold at a higher price for a profit.

So, by that definition, unless he expects to lose lots of money, he has invested in the club!!

4 Likes

By that it simply shows you dont really know what a football club is,

Before you get your dictionay out for that I can tell you its not written down there, Ive mentioned before the only definition is on Newcastles web site and is a quote by Bobby Robson.

Indeed my fine ursine friend… The Gao’s have invested 210mil in purchasing the club. Whether they see any return on that investment will depend on whetehr the business has grown when they look to sell… usually this requires a footballclub to have achieved more success. Sadly some football fans are fuckwits who dont understand that. The liebhers invested close to 40 mil and saw that investment grow to 210m pretty good return.

I think what NYS is implying is that we have not yet seen the Goas either loan or gift the club additional funds to enable growth or expansion. Now I for one welcome ‘gifts’, but like most am a bit cynical when owners ‘loan’ the club money as this usually means its loads to the club as debt and they become priority creditors should it go pear-shaped… best to grow organically, and make smart investments - develop young players and make clever purchases of players that are developed and have higher resale values…oh wait a minute…er

3 Likes

Please tell me, please…

Ah you’re talking about the spritual “club” not the physical “club”. so yes you are correct, having not been a supporter and gone throught the shit that we’ve all gone through as supporters of the club Mr Gao has not “invested” anything into the club.

You should have said so in the first place and not been so vague and shift the definition to what you wanted!!

Edit : I’ve just re-read your original post and you have shifted the goal posts, you little tinker you!!

1 Like