The day we'll all look back on with fond memories

That’s the most childish thing i have read in ages. Very Breitbart.

You all(both sides) need to grow up and get on with life. That’s particularly important for someone as young as yourself. You voted to leave and for the tories, so enjoy life, as this is the future you believe to be best. No one else to blame if it turns out to be a bit of a mess, so be happy now.

4 Likes

Win, lose or draw - we are where we are. No amount of whining or gloating is going to change that.

Everyone should be putting there energy into

A getting the best deal for Britain

B making any deal that we do get work

Anything else is self defeating and won’t do anyone any good in the long run

4 Likes

People do not like STUPID laws.

Many people are not stupid.

One thing NOBODY likes are Arrogant idiots who “know better”

Brexit is not Dave’s fault. It is Tusk Juncker & Merkels fault.

Anyone with a brain knew that the EU project had a liberal leaning that impacted on its decisions as well as poor PR about the whole jobs for boys thing. In fact the EU have since the vote admitted they need reforms.

The simple fact is Dave could have won. He suggested reforms that gave him what he needed… EU arrogance and propensity to talk down to people meant they reacted to Dave with a fuck you attitude. Dave didn’t create this mess they did and then all but admitted it by looking into reform at their summit after the vote.

Anytime arrogant fools get their comeuppance is a good day for the people

And of course people clean up the mess but Brexitday should become a celebration & public holiday.

Hopefully this won’t be about the potential economic disaster but about the beginning of the end for the neo-liberal elite.

And their replacement by people with common sense not ideology.

2 Likes

Is this country so split now that we need two divisive threads on the same subject?

How about amalgamating all of the drivel, trolling and fantasy into the official Brexit thread, then the majority of posters who now avoid it like the fucking plague, will be free to roam around the rest of the forum?

2 Likes

Strange as having lived in Aus for 2 years I thought they were whinging bastards.

2 Likes

Was their whinging along lines of, “you flamin gollah why don’t you fk off back to pom land I’m fed up of listening to ur bollocks you drongo ur doing my head in you fkn dunny head.”?

5 Likes

Ahhh…that’ll bring tears of nostalgia back to Bazza’s eyes. :lou_lol:

Julie Burchill, the thinking man’s Katie Hopkins.

2 Likes

When I read the thread title I had foolishly hoped that Barry was going to announce that he was leaving Sotonians

1 Like

We have just come back from a short trip to Italy - Venice, Florence and Pisa. Lots of different nationalities around and plenty of Muslims also taking in the culture. Not much talk of Brexit with the locals, unlike Paris last year. On Wednesday night we spent several hours in the company of what we assumed were a young Italian couple. It turns out he was born in the Lebanon and she in Armenia. Both spoke 4 languages. He taught himself to speak English and has just got a Masters in business management. I then come back and read the resident xenophobe’s latest drivel about Dublin and Brussels being dull and boring. If anyone sums up the blinkered delusional mindset of the Little Englander it surely has to be Barry Sanchez.

Wow, quoting Julie Burchill is desperate. Almost as desperate as Burchill herself. She’ll pin her colours to any cause that’ll pay her.

5 Likes

Surely the title should be 'the day that 51.89% of us will look back on fondly"?

3 Likes

I should imagine once it’s all gone through, and he’s living in NHS funded palace in land of milk + honey, while rest of Europe has descended into famine & chaos, Rallyboy will be man enough to shake Pap hand, and thank him for his Service to this Country.

6 Likes

PM Corbyn will probably organise the event for us.

3 Likes

Nope, it should be “Article 50 invoked”, but let’s face it, it was never going to be that simple :slight_smile:

What, specifically, did you object to?

It was effectively pure proportional representation, drawing a higher percentage of voters in than any General Election in the last 40 years apart from 1992, and the only reason so many voted then was to keep Kinnock out.

I find it interesting that the Remainers are told to shut up, accept democracy and stop moaning when it seems ok for some Brexiters to carry on gloating and rubbing the Remainers noses in it. And yes Barry, this means you.

1 Like

I am a modern day Cassandra, @bearsy . Frequently on the money, but never heeded.

Tis blessing and curse :lou_sunglasses:

51.89% of those that voted of course - not the actual electorate

blue touch paper lit…

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like