The Festive Fun Thread - 2016 Edition

I fear this thread has lost the intended yuletide feeling and perhaps degenerated into a frankly base and ugly representation of all that’s good :confused:

Now that the effing tree is within the allowable tolerances of straightness and there is an acceptable level of lighting distribution, Yuletide feeling might now get a look in.

Wait until the cat climbs up it and the dog pisses on the trunk we’ll see what your yuletide spirit is like then :laughing:

Ho, ho, fucking ho…

6 Likes

The Ayatollah decided that today we would wrap the eight hundred and fifty seven thousand presents that she has deemed necessary to buy everyone’s love for another year. I am half a bottle of port in to help numb the pain of a million paper cuts.

its the most horrible time of the year…

4 Likes

Christmas Eve Boxes

1 Like

Why dont they tell the little shits to go to bed early as Santa will not come if they are awake and then go on the beer like normal people?

2 Likes

When I was a kid that was part of the fun of Christmas, not going to sleep and trying to stay awake to catch a glimpse of Santy Claws.

And then waking up in the early wee hours to open up your stocking.

So do we now have to do a Christmas Eve box, a stocking and then ALL the presents on Christmas day…

Do it the Filipino way every body stays awake till midnight then you open the pressies under the tree and then goto bed

Youngsters then get another pressie from Santa in the morning

2 Likes

Once upon a time I lived in a land where Christmas was deemed non PC.

Now I live in a land where they started playing Slade at 5 seconds after midnight on 1st, and when I went to pay my phone bill they’d moved the service center to put up an 80 ft tree & Santa’s grotto.

Most of the families in the queue were dressed in, well you get the drift…

Mrs G has asked for: smellies and hair and nail stuff.

I’ve got her a packet of scampi fries, a pair of thick tights and a claw hammer.

4 Likes

Think I may get her one of these as a stocking filler.

1 Like

Scampi Fries - Mmmm

I dont think she will fit. That, or your missus has fucking a massive stocking.

Humbug cunts and miserable fuckers - Chrimbo is wonderful.

See the scampi fries thing might just backfire. Once when I went on a business trip to Florida, the Ayatollah dropped a hint that I might like to buy her a present. Let’s just say that the bag of beef jerky wasn’t quite what she had in mind, although the two minutes of stunned silence made it all worthwhile from my perspectuve.

5 Likes

Really difficult not to be cynical about this, well, cynical piece of publicity…

Hmmm, let me see. How much would £500k of advertising buy you in terms of tv ads etc. How could he better get the name of his restaurant venture across national media? I know…

Rio Ferdinand donates £500k of toys to Cash for Kids

Former England football captain Rio Ferdinand and his restaurant have pledged £500,000 of toys and gifts to a children’s charity.

The Manchester United star posted on his official Facebook page he and his Rosso Restaurant hoped to “put a smile on local kids’ faces this Christmas”.

He announced the donation live on air to Cash for Kids, the official charity of Manchester radio station Key 103.

Cynical gesture by former goalkeeper promoting his restaurant business

Originally posted by @Bathsaint

Really difficult not to be cynical about this, well, cynical piece of publicity…

Hmmm, let me see. How much would £500k of advertising buy you in terms of tv ads etc. How could he better get the name of his restaurant venture across national media? I know…

Rio Ferdinand donates £500k of toys to Cash for Kids

Former England football captain Rio Ferdinand and his restaurant have pledged £500,000 of toys and gifts to a children’s charity.

The Manchester United star posted on his official Facebook page he and his Rosso Restaurant hoped to “put a smile on local kids’ faces this Christmas”.

He announced the donation live on air to Cash for Kids, the official charity of Manchester radio station Key 103.

Cynical gesture by former goalkeeper promoting his restaurant business

“Anonymous Gesture by Generous Benefactor”…makes everybody happy. Not difficult if you really believe in the cause…FACT

The old dear cuffed me once because I thought Scampi Fries was an appropriate snack to give to my baby bro on the way to a wedding. She was distraught with the fishy little fucker :lou_lol: