The inaugural Sotonians Transfer Deadline Day thread

I think Spurs must be where Arsenal were a few years back - committed to moving to a new stadium and therefore also commited to sinking any excess funds into that project.

The quote I heard from WBA / Peace was that the deal Spurs were proposing was structured with ‘virtually nothing’ upfront.

I guess I understand that players will have their heads turned by ‘bigger clubs’, but having your head turned by a club that hasn’t got the readies to prise you away is pretty poor show.

1 Like

Looks like we are top of the league - in terms of net income from transfers…

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from Sky Sports article

How much did your club spend? Premier League transfer window net spend table

Expand article…

How much did your club spend? Premier League transfer window net spend table

Manchester City were the Premier League’s top spenders during the summer transfer window, splashing out over £150m on new signings.

Kevin de Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Nicolas Otamendi were all big-money arrivals at the Etihad as Manuel Pellegrini authorised a net spend almost three times greater than any other club in the division.

While City spent £153.5m, they recouped £29.05m - £21.3m of which came from the sale of Alvaro Negredo to Valencia - leaving them with a net spend of £124.45m.

Newcastle had the second-highest net spend (£46.02m) in the division, with Georginio Wijnaldum (£14.5m) and Aleksandar Mitrovic (£13m) among their expensive acquisitions.

However, while Manchester United spent £108.1m on their new recruits – including Anthony Martial (£36m), Memphis Depay (£27.9m) and Morgan Schneiderlin (£25m) – they did make £44.3m from the sale of Angel di Maria to PSG, leaving them with a net figure of £33.61m.

At the other end of the net spending table, Southampton actually made a profit from their dealings, the sales of Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne (£12.5m) contributing to their £800,000 gain.

Arsenal, meanwhile, ended up with a total net spend of £8.2m – almost £25m less than the likes of Premier League title holders Chelsea (£32.1m).

…self-assuredly assembled by Optimus trousers…beta v1.6

1 Like

I heard that the Levy offer for Berinho was £22 spread over 5 years and that they offered less than we paid for Wanyama. They’re in danger of becoming a laughing stock that clubs refuse to deal with. Id like to give a levy a slap. His tactic of bidding late and hoping on unsettling players is underhand and I’m glad they failed in their attempts. I’ve never really disliked any teams before, but Spurs are now a firm contender for least like club.

2 Likes

Please take this shit to the Djuricic Off Topic thread :cool:

Slightly more serious answer; I saw a couple of tweets indicating we were looking to move him on, but nowt concrete. I believe he is still around. Loan deal for a club with relegation ambitions?

1 Like

If true, that’s fucking disgusting Fatso.

No wonder Peace went mental and was determined to keep Berahino.

Maths isn’t my strong point, but £22 over 5 years is only a little over £4 a year, or a little over 36p / month.

Laughing stock indeed.

1 Like

LOL! I missed the “m” for “millions” from the 22 figure! Your confusion is understandable. It really would be incredible if they just bid £22.

Oh, you missed the millions off!

1 Like