The January 2018 Transfer window:- speculation, rumours, dummy spitting, it's all here

No! That is another good one though!

If only I knew a Saints supporting mate.

Who lives in Marbella

And isn’t working this afternoon…

Oh wait

Goddamnit Bear.

Tom (m)ince?

5 Likes

:lou_sad: A lot of these answers are a lot more clever than my original effort. I am ashamed to reveal The Truth now! Hopefully it doesn’t happen and I can slink quietly away + we can forget all about it!

Lucky for you this site is populated mostly by heavy drinkers with poor memories, and also has such a poor search function your original post will be lost to the void within 2-3 working days.

8 Likes

Promes deal likely not to happen now as Spartak won’t sanction the deal if they can’t find a replacement for him, which they are having trouble finding (probably not looking too hard to be honest)

So :-

a) Not Saints’ fault
b) Make the rumours of a buyout clause unlikely

1 Like

Although it would be nice to think that the Transfer Commitee have other irons in the fire/arrows in the quiver/fingers in the pie

1 Like

It’s a bit weird that Skysports are claiming it’s because Spartak “don’t have enough time” even though the Russian transfer window is open longer.

1 Like

You’re hovering dangerously close to a downvote there Bear.

1 Like

The idea of securing a replacement before you sell an important player only seems weird cos you’re Southampton fan, and it is not Our Way. It’s actually quite sense if you think about it.

5 Likes

I see nothing wrong with selling your best player on, say, 1st Jan, and then waiting a month before not even replacing him at all.

7 Likes

It does make sense, good point bear, I think it’s too easy these days to become embroiled in the hype of the transfer market and… hey wait a minute no changing the subject, i’m pretty sure there was something important you were supposed to be telling us.

2 Likes

Leicester offloading their chaff

Seems bollox. I thought that they had already signed a replacement? If they havent the Russian window is still open for a few more weeks so they have more time.

They had an attacking midfielder pass a medical yesterday, but the signing hasn’t gone through because his club Anderlecht were signing his replacment and also there was late interest from Burnley. You can’t really blame them for signing a replacment before they let him go. I wish we did that.

But. Actually the bigger sticking point will be that Spartak want all the fee up front. Saints are never going to agree to that.

See you in a few days

Maybe this’ll get the spanner out of the clogs then

Whoops, clogs :lou_facepalm_2: Meant cogs…