The January 2018 Transfer window:- speculation, rumours, dummy spitting, it's all here

Fiverweb already starting their meltdown having decided that the window shuts now for us and that we have only had one target all along. No thought that perhaps Plan B has also gone pear shaped. Why let any unknown circumstances get in the way of a good bed wetting session? Seems to me that they have been crying out for a new striker since last summer. Havent we just signed one and broken our transfer record again? As for a CH. Yep, would have been good to get a replacement for Virgil in but they never said they were looking for another CH and we do have Hoedt, Yoshida, Stephens, Gardos and Bednarek on the books. I agree, not awe inspiring, but we are not short of players, even if we are short on quality.

2 Likes

Fuming. Absolutely fucking fuming. Too disgusted for words. Fucking shambles.

oh… sorry, thought this was the awards thread.

8 Likes
1 Like

So not Les’ or Kat’s or the Gao’s fault then.

Would be nice to have a plan B but he needs to be better than what we already have.

I’m not one for bashing the club but I genuinely don’t understand why we seemingly can’t be working on more than target at a time. No other club I can think of seems to just pursue one player and then switch to another only when that player is completely off the cards. Seems strange to me.*

*NB. I have no evidence for any of this speculation other than what’s available via the media.

We do, he’s called Nicolás Gaitán. 6 month loan with an option. He turned down Swansea hoping we wouldn’t complete the Promes deal. He appears to know more than the rest of us(make him head of recruitment as well).

Well I guess that you can’t have deals going through for 2 players, agree a deal for the 2nd choice player only to drop him when your 1st choice works out as well!!

Well you can, really, but it wouldn’t be very nice and I don’t think it would stand you in good stead for future transfers.

Well they’d be up against Redmond so should have a plan up to and including Z.

So Walcott plan A , Pommes plan B .Well looks like now we are marching on to plan C. I wonder what it stands for apart from the obvious.

Good Planning??

1 Like

Oh go on, pee on my theory then…

So Promes in the summer then? Assuming we stay up I guess.

What’s Jordi Amat up to these days? :lou_eyes_to_sky:

OK, from the Daily Fail (and other sauces) on the 11th January

Southampton are interested in Atletico Madrid midfielder Nicolas Gaitan this January.

Mauricio Pellegrino has been tracking the Argentine star since before Christmas, and knows him from his time managing in Spain.

The 29-year-old has been afforded limited first-team opportunities under Diego Simeone since joining from Benfica in 2016.

Not going to appease people that he’s another one that has been warming the wood at another club.

Playing the centre of defence, not what we really need is it now??

simon peach reporting spartac have got their Pommes replacement!? Plan A B C B. Ralf was right, this transfer business is very complicated. I cant keep up. All those other clubs doing it must be cheating in some way

So Spartak have signed this Sofiane Hanni, who yesterday was rumoured to be the Promes replacement, but today is rumoured not to be.

I am confused.

It was rhetorical, seeing as we allegedly went for him on loan during the death throes of the last January transfer window (to replace Fonte IIRC).