😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Stubbed toe or the Pompey score?

Histrionics at work

I appreciate that the IT being out is somewhat of a frustration but asking me for updates every two minutes won’t make it better any quicker.

Also words such as “nightmare”, “disaster” and “calamity” are best left to events such as earthquakes or floods, not to the fact you can’t log into your emails for an hour you massive fannies

8 Likes

Ironically, I reserve words like calamity, disaster and nightmare for when I come across massive fannies.

1 Like

Corrected for you Beltch :lou_lol:

1 Like

Driving home.

Entering our development (of which about 50% is still under construction)

A Gentleman (who for @saintbletch sake was below medium height and with fine mop of hair that was failing dismally in an attempt at a comb-over) wearing a work shirt, walked straight into the road where he stopped half way across and decided that moment was an excellent point in time and space in which to start to read the clipboard he was holding.

So there he suddenly stopped, in the middle of a main road, to read. I swerved to avoid him, narrowly missing his parked car. The two cars behind me weren’t so lucky, they collided.

And he carried on reading the clipbord.

How do these people even manage to get onto the airplanes to fly here.

He then continued to walk while reading causing a 3rd car to swerve and hit the two stopped crashed cars.

On reaching his car he finger combed his hair before driving off. Straight past me.

Me? I’d watched all this in my mirror as I was stopped at traffic lights. The moron drove stright through and almost took out a school bus.

No doubt he has an MBA in something

Exercise. Did a Pilates class yesterday. Really feeling it today. It bloody hurts if I cough/sneeze.

Exercise is something best left to the experts Intiniki.

I think you realise that now…

2 Likes

I’ve started doing Pilates too.

Bloody hard work doing some of the exercises.

Still, it’s just me and a mate and a room full of lovely ladies*.

*In their 70s**

**No offence @lifeintheslowlane .

1 Like

None taken oh follicly challenged one. :lou_wink_2:

I ain’t in my 70s…just yet.

1 Like

You’re driving to the Test Centre for annual MOT.

There is a traffic jam.

You press the hazard warning button

The button disappears into the dashboard

FFS

1 hour, some Aussie cricket tape & superglue later.

Fingers crossed

When your alarm goes off on a bank holiday. Having deleted all alarms from the new phone last night and cannot work out why it went off.

At least I can have a nap later.

Some more road annoyances.

Temporary traffic signage on the motorways which says “40”, even though you’re gridlocked and will have trouble exceeding 4mph.

“Queues likely”. That’s just an admission of fucking failure, isn’t it? They may as well keep the queue iconography and simply state “we spunked it on blowing up the Middle East”, although that is quite a lot of letters. They may not have the budget.

Knowing you are going to miss the semi as you are coming back in June and can’t afford to come back twice.

Then, having your last remaining grandparent pass away and needing to find the money for a flight anyway.

Then needing to get back to work asap as you don’t have enough leave to stay long enough for the semi.

Assuming I can get an affordable flight at short notice anyway. I can’t even book it yet, as I haven’t got a date for the funeral :frowning:

The ex pat nightmare.

Sorry for your loss Smiler. Been sitting with my go bag for a week now. Not easy times

When the first ever Sotonians International Golf Tournament (well me & a tourist from on here) has to be cancelled due to some legend wanting to watch Saints down the pub with your krew…

:cool: :lou_eyes_to_sky: :cool: :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

I was lucky enough to sit next to Le Tiss at a dinner / event at Pompey Guildhall last year. He’s a lovely bloke and a true gent. Unfortunately i’d been in the pub for 3 hours before the event so by the time the food came out i was absolutely wankered and have vague recollections of making a bit of a twat of myself in front of the great man. I couldn’t even mumble goodbye as i was so bollocksed. Bloody booze and my inability to regulate it. :lou_sad:

1 Like

He did a gig here some years ago for ENGVBRA in Doha.

He was well impressed we kept feeding him Malibu & Coke all night

Don’t think he knew it was a £40 all you can eat & drink do so wee weren’t actually paying for them!

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Windows Defender pops up. No threats detected updates required.

Laptop starts reboot sequence on its own

Reboots

With a complete factory reset.

Nothing.

No apps no programmes no data no passwords

Everything

Gone

On a weekend

FFS

You plan a beach day.

Wake up to a sandstorm and strong winds

Ho hum