😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Heavy handed car parking companies.

Got a £60 charge for parking in Waterworld, Stoke. I actually paid my parking as well. My “crime” was to leave it there for more than seven hours.

They won’t actually let you pay more than that.

I had assumed that common sense would prevail. I’d paid full whack.

Nope, the grasping cunts sent me a ticket. Don’t bother giving me any advice about challenging it. I can’t be arsed. I will be telling my colleagues to swerve the robbing bastards though.

You wait till your balls drop.

That’ll fuck you up, young’n.

2 Likes

This one is from a couple of weeks ago…

The Missus and I were at a Premier Inn, Gatwick. An early flight next day so we settle down early to get a good night’s sleep. As I’m drifting off for some stange reason I get a “FUCK DID I LEAVE THE GAS ON” moment.

It wasn’t the gas but I realised I left a spare camera battery on-charge in the study…the kind they tell you not to leave charging for too long…could be a fire hazard. :lou_facepalm_2:

I had my mobile but quickly realised I didn’t have our next door neighbours number…they have our door keys…by this time my missus is hyper-ventilating and I’m still scouring my contacts list. Thankfully I find neighbours over the road’s number, it’s 10.30 but they should be awake. I call and ask them if they can go over to our neighbour and ask her to make sure the battery charger is unplugged. We wait expectantly for 5 minutes when the phone rings to say the warm fully charged battery is now turned off.

Phew, I must have a third-eye. :lou_lol:

1 Like

I was on a 12 hour flight to Mauritius when I woke up and panicked that I’d left the iron on, face down, on the board. Ah well. Nothing I can do now. We will have to see if the managing agents contact us about the charred remains of the flat. Turns out I hadn’t and had put both iron and board away before I left. But the panic that I had was awful.

4 Likes

I put off having my impacted wisdom teeth removed for years until the dentist finally said that they were starting to decay from underneath.

Cue trip to dental hospital where, rather than a general, I’m given sedation which basically means I was high as a kite for the whole procedure. They did it twice, once for each side. So there are some advantages to having them removed.

On the way to Malia, one of our cohort remembered she still had a pill on her. She was able to eat her problem. Quite happy on the way out to Heraklion.

People that park for longer than the maximum time period permitted.

1 Like

I do wish they’d hurry up.

You should see the looks I get walking around 6"3, full beard and a voice like Home Alone-era McCauley Culkin.

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned it before and I will moan about it again. Hotdesking.

New building so of course less desks. There was/is a rule that we cannot sit in the managers area in the same office. So its not at all private there. There were 3 desks spare. I am going to be here a max of 2 hours. But I am told I cannot sit there. I have a specific chair due to a bad back. I have to retrieve it from someone else and expected to drag it around the sodding building until I find a free desk. I offered to go home (10 min walk) but told no.

Just make places, nice places to work. How hard can it be?

1 Like

Very hard,

Technically I have 2 bosses because we do a 28 / 28 rotation so My bosses change out a different week to me so I get to work with both of them.

My desk was directly facing his. he was sat in a corner and I was sat the other side with my back to two doors and the rest of the room / shared office. I asked one of them if I could turn the desk 90 degrees so I would then have my back to the wall, So I could see who was entering the office and not rick my neck everytime somebody else apart from the boss talked to me. He said no, no way you cant do it. a year later the other boss is being moved to a new vessel and say’s if you want to move your desk do it now. So I spent two nights un screwing the desk from the bosses and the wall turning it 90 degs then refixing it putting a facia bpoard on the front of. then moving all the computer cables so they would reach the new position. I now have the best desk in the office. I am facing most of the room have my back to the wall. and am not looking directly at the boss and as the one that is staying is also loud I only have one ear pointed in his direction instead of two.

When I eventually met up again with the boss that said I could not turn the, desk he never said a word about the fact it was now in a position which he said I could not change it too.

3 Likes

Ryanair…

No wait…

I know the whole thing is shit but then it is a bus service and I get that and understand I can choose Low Cost Airline or Emirates Type.

But this weeks’ annoyance is their Car Hire system.

They use Car Trawler like everyone else - I’m well used to checking about 10 company fronts VROOMVROOMVROOM, Argus, rentalcars.com etc etc to check best deal.

Ryanair’s site actually gives good deals. I’d love to book with them on my coming trip to Poland.

But unlike every other site, Ryanair’s version DOESN’T let you add excess insurance.

In UK I long ago worked out I could afford one crash every 3 years and save money (fingers crossed for next trip) but when I go to Poland I leave the car overnight in public car parks and drive on unfamilair roads so no way I will take any risk.

But oh no, Ryanair let me go 5 minutes through their system but don’t let me book insurance.

So I clear my cookies and go back to “the others” and the fvckers have all jumped 20% in price for the week.

Arrrggh

#datamining #evilcookies

#rantover

#dontgetmestartedon gettingairbnbtoconfirmabookingrequest

@dubai_phil You want to check out this lot, I get an annual worldwide policy every year for about ÂŁ60 and is covers the mega excesses you get charged without having to take CDW or the like

https://www.direct-carexcess.co.uk/

Yeah like lots of things - UK Residents only…

Ho hum…

There must be a similar product that you could access as a Dubai resident

Yeah, everyone imagines that…

Unfortunately in so many areas this place is not that developed in terms of services. In simple terms , smaller market, different regulations so less competition less innovation.

Unless you are talking about take-away food deliveries - then yeah, thousands of online services!

Driving to work this morning.

3 sets of traffic lights to get out of the development.

Bloke in front stops at red light. Proceeds to “fiddle with his hair”. Light changes he’s still looking in the mirror. BEEP he scoots off.

Second set red. Same bloke stops does hair, light changes - BEEP FFS

Third set - yep same routine. I mean OK if he was about to get out but from that 3rd light it’s straight onto a mortorway.

I mean how the xxxxx can you be so VAIN as to need to finger brush your hair at EVERY traffic light.

I may have elicited a @saintbletch pickled adjective at him as I went past him…

2 Likes

Some of us are lucky enough to have hair, allbeit something that looks like an explosion in a matress factory first thing. Good grooming takes time. A little thought goes a long way (at least 4 traffic lights) Phil.

Downvoted for being hairist.

If Phil’s anecdote had been told about the colour of a bloke’s skin, and you’d come back with “I’m lucky enough to be white” the world would rightly be in uproar.

Us baldies are an easy target.

We need protecting.

#mecoot

What’s wrong with being hairy and white in fact my hair is now in harmony with my skin colour. Reminds me of the '60s song…

“Old, Hairy and White”. :lou_lol:

1 Like

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

2 Likes