😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Just got worse.

So she’ sitting there gloating & munching on the ribs.

And I get an email to say I’ve been accepted as a speaker at a conference on trade links.

At the organisers expense including hotel flights & stuff.

To Krakow.

For a week.

Just b4 Christmas.

In her home town

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Vodka. Kielbasa. Zwiewiec…

Her face at that moment was priceless as we already burnt all our vacation days & this is “work”

4 Likes

This is a double edged sword - she is going to start giving you grief about this in about 5 minutes after she has got over the shock. It will intensify as the date gets closer. Half an hour before your taxi picks you up and after you have checked in hand baggage only, she will present you with two hundred weight of xmas presents that will require hand delivering to her extended family in the 2 free hours you thought you had in Krakow. You will acheive all of this and transport back the two hundred weight of reciprocal gifts and as you return through your front door knackered, she will give you the cold shoulder because you have seen her family at xmas and she hasn’t. You probably won’t get laid until June.

Happy Holidays

Funnily enough @cb-saint

No.

She’ already working on her shopping list. Kielbasa & Cabanos obviously. Chocolate Chilli Vodka…

:sunglasses:

But actually of course.

And now my Brit family are moaning about me not going there.

We’re playing Bompey away that weekend & it’ sold out…

IF it wasn’ for the vodka & airmiles I’d say fuck it

Oh and a trip to my dentist who is seriously hot…

There were 2 SORN cars dumped in our building’s car park for over a year. They have finally been towed away today!. We struggle with there being enough spaces so we should be ok now.

1 Like

Driving my old banger along the by-ways of Hampshire on a sunny afternoon…

Vroom…vroom. :lou_lol:

8 Likes

There were 2 SORN cars dumped in our building’s car park for over a year. They have finally been towed away today! We struggle with there being enough spaces. Yay

Seems like one of them has ended up in Hampshire.

7 Likes

I knew it…I knew someone wouldn’t be able to resist it. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

so happy I inadvertently posted twice. Sorry!

3 Likes

Just knowing that even when drunk you are still better at pool than the kids and there friends.

So every 4th week I have to work in another office. Usually this is upstairs in the same building. Not any more as they’ve moved the office. There are some things I am not so happy about - I cannot take my chair there, I have to lug my laptop etc from work, to home and to another office, I won’t have a large screen for my dodgy eyes.

But that all doesn’t matter as the office is about 4 minutes walk from my home. In February 2018 they will also move the main office which will be a 9 min walk from my home. I moved to London to get a better work life balance and it seems to be working. Looking forward to staying in bed a little bit longer each morning.

3 Likes

Is the Wheatsheaf at Braishfield still going? Good pub that.

1 Like

Yep, still a good pub…good pub food…great garden for the summer. We lunch there quite often. :lou_lol:

Globalisation…

When you realise that even over here, the only cars that consistently push in at traffic junctions or cut you up are BMW’s and Audi’s.

So nice that you can now recognise a ****** at a glance anywhere in the world .

Checking in for your overnight flight to Poland that the EU paid for.

Seeing it is empty.

Your accommdation confirms early check in so you can get to the pub to watch Saints.

And your Brothers in Law get you a ticket for the big Polish 1st division evening game Vistula Krakow v Plock 2 hours after our game ends.

And I don’ have to drink Carlsberg

And it’s snowing there

4 Likes

Watching the X Factor final tonight and not expecting much but one of the finalist kicked off with Whole Lotta Love playing some rocking guitar. What is the world coming to? Last week he did Vodoo Chile. Is Cowell turning into a rocker in his old age?

And…

he got voted out

:lou_facepalm_2:

Serrano Ham and crawling Brie

oh and particularly good sonoma coast Pinot noir

5 Likes

Serves you right…you’re too old to be watching this cutting edge drama.

Being able to pause live tv. It’s fucking great, isn’t it? You can pause as the adverts start, go and do something and then forward through. It’s been the best tv invention since the remote control.

5 Likes