🍻🍷 The Map of 🇲🇷 Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

Cunts

1 Like

Well i have just fell through the door at 06-45 in the morning, extremely pissed. Motorbike taxi, how the fuck i stayed on it God only knows. Was a great night as far as i can recall, met up with some old mates from Liverpool who arrived in Thailand a couple of days ago. What started out as a couple of hours catching up at 10-pm, with a few beers as they would be jet lagged turned into a nine hour session. Oh deary deary me, i really should know better at my age. Go Go bars, naked women, loads of ale, i really should be ashamed of myself. Thank fuck tomorrow is Sunday and i can sleep in. The maid was sitting on the sofa outside my apatment howling with laughter as i staggered in. Please God nobody tell my daughter! Although to be fair she would probably be proud of me as she is the party animal’s party animal. This country seems to do this to you, go out at 9 pm with good intentions to be sensible, have few bottles, then it all goes Pete Tong and end up rolling home at silly o clock, pissed as a newt. Fuck me i have the best part of two months to go yet! I really must get a grip. Thankfully i have a good grounding in the 'Strong Country" Apparently there is an old British saying that describes a man as being “so drunk he must have been to Romsey” Back in the day when every other building in Romsey was an alehouse. I am doing my best to represent Hampshire but it is hard going. Someone has to do it i suppose, and i am doing my best. Up the Saints.

7 Likes

Good man @nottarf-krap

Loved your travelogue - keep flying the flag for England & keep us updated!

Cunts.

Getting it in early just in case.

3 Likes

And gives you the best part of two days to sober up before the game?

I think you have an extraneous ‘s’ at the end of the first word and forgot the “I am a” before it!!

Cunt.

Yes, you’re right, that’s much better.

Ha hey.

Losers!

Not yet. A single Carlsberg Export was remaining in the fridge. There is no more beer until ms pap drops Adult Unit #2 at the latest stop in her whirlwind social life.

Drinking in a random pub in Romsey.

Met a bloke who I know by reputation called Stripper.

His name comes from his reputation and the fact he once slept naked l in a dog basket.

I love drinking in random pubs.

Just let me know which gutter you’ll be lying face down in come Sunday lunchtime and I’ll pick you up and get you to the Rockstone. Or deposit you in the Itchen, whichever seems more appropriate.

3 Likes

I’m gingerly* trying a Budvar after a week off the sauce and it’s tasting damn fine.

Mrs C_S had taken over the flu baton and is currently comatose after I gave her a “Lemsip” given to me by a Turkish friend. Can’t read Turkish and one of the words looked like rohypnol, but hey ho…

Fridge is overflowing with beer and wine because of enforced abstinece, got loads of TV to catch up on so happy days :smiley:

*some of you know that I am not ginger.

2 Likes

We know this bloke.

Haven’t seem him for years, like, but we know him

2 Likes

First bottle of Malbec unscrewed, warmed in front of a blazing fire and the first glasses poured…

1 Like

Glasses?!!

One at a time is usually enough for me tbf

Sadly I have to share with Mrs SOG, but worry not, another bottle is standing by!

1 Like

First drink since Fulham. I may have a few more.

Abstinence by choice or of necessity?

Me, I have a nice gin and tonic on the go, and a second in the offing. After that it’ll be pinot noir.

1 Like

Choice. Stupid choice.

2 Likes

To be fair you did sink enough to float a battleship so a few days off doesn’t surprise me :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

In my local, Doombar only, guest ale is off…