The Mighty Saints v The Beatrix Potters - Official Gay Abandon Match Thread

I agree, but let’s remember this is a league decision not the club’s, and even if the club disagrees with it, as many of us do, in the circumstances it’s polite to go along with it.

It’s not as if they are asking us to celebrate the lives of Fred West or Jimmy Savile.

If it happened in Skatesville, would we be singing “Play up ******”?

The big Questions only on Papsweb Official match threads:

1. Saints remain undefeated on Cracked Rib Match Threads - will this continue with Gay Abandon?

2. Does Ronald Koeman like a ‘shmoke and a pancake’?

KO in 10mins - updates for us in far flug corners here please.

First goal falls to Stoke, Bojan. Lovely finish, but Saints defence not looking as sharp. Stoke are benefiting from wing play in particular.

Still 0-1 but Tadic should have scored.

Heard we are doing better,and should be level… I have a feeling we will get one before halftime and go on to win it second half

Your water must be off GA were 1 nil down at half time .

Was never a problem for CR…;-(

Hopefully we can still pull this back., sounds like we should be…

Dogshit.

It was mildly amusing to see the fresh legged James Ward Prowse out paced by Charlie Adam.

Charlie Fucking Adam.

1 Like

I’m off to get pissed. I will finish my rant tomorrow.

1 Like

:lou_angry:

That were gash.

Truly Shit. We were lucky to lose 0-1. Should have stayed in the pub.

1 Like

Charlie is well known for his turn of pace, his 22st frame is deceiving …

That was truly fucking dreadful. I’ll put it down as one of those games - you always get at least one every season . Nothing went right, everything that could go wrong did, and I’d have to say that Stoke were well worth the win, though only because of our ineptitude. We looked like a team of strangers much of the time - passes and filcks went astray, every cross was just too high or went straight to Butland, players just didn’t seem to know what their teammates would be going, where runs would be made - I could go on, but I’m not feeling quite that masochistic.

It’s not often you see a game where every single ricochet and loose ball falls to one team, but that’s what today’s game was like. It wasn’t even because Stoke were sharper; it was just how it happened. The referee was woeful, but I don’t think that made a vast amount of difference. Some might point out that we had some decenet penalty shouts, and I guess we did. But if we’d been given one today it would have been pinged into row Z by whoever took it. It was just that sort of match. Oh, and it was fucking cold too.

RIght, I’m off to cook a liver and bacon casserole and mix a stiff gin and tonic.

2 Likes

Jesus how long are you leaving the liver for? It’ll be like a leather shoe wont it unless you leave it for a good few hours?

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Jesus how long are you leaving the liver for? It’ll be like a leather shoe wont it unless you leave it for a good few hours?

A good few hours? Do you mean cooking time? Liver’s only like a leather shoe if you cook it too long; the longer you cook it the tougher and drier it gets. I cooked the casserole for about 45 minutes. It was delicious, though the liver could have been cooked less and I’d have been more than happy.

You may be thinking of some other type of meat. Oxtail maybe, or shin of beef.

What I’m thinking is if the liver is in the casserole longer it will soften? Not frying it off.

how can anybody eat liver with its taste of urine and the possibility of cirhosis i do not know.

and before you ask I have known many a drunk cow.