The Mighty Saints v The Beatrix Potters - Official Gay Abandon Match Thread

It’s kidneys that taste of piss, not liver.

And liver doesn’t soften the longer it’s cooked - quite the reverse. It’s at its softest when raw, and gets tougher and drier with cooking.

All in all though, I’d rather be discussing offal than the crock of shite I sat through today. What are your thoughts on heart, lungs and tripe? I’ve never eaten any of them (or at least not in their original form).

1 Like

I never knew that, so its the opposite of say beef? There would be no break down of tissue?

Not sure how this has turned into a cooking thread, but it has to be better than the badly prepared and undercooked shit served up to the guests at SMS today.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I never knew that, so its the opposite of say beef? There would be no break down of tissue?

To be honest I’ve never tried slow-cooking liver, but the tissue in liver isn’t muscle so it’s probably quite different. Squid is beautiful when cooked very quickly, rubbery and tasteless when cooked a bit longer - but if you cook it in a sauce for an hour or more it changes massively in texture and becomes meltingly soft. But then that’s muscle as well.

A philippine delicacy is deep fried lungs its bloody awful its not nice when its being prepared its not nice when it is being cooked and its definately not nice to eat.

Tripe is what says on the tin tripe.

Heart is fine as long as it is finely chopped with onions

Kidneys are fine in a steak and kidney pie or pudding but on there own no thanks

Watched the first half yesterday, wasn’t a great deal to get excited about. We are going to have those days from time to time, and Stoke are a team that have the assets to give us one of these days. Fair play to them, but quite a bit to sort out our end. Best that it happens now. We’ve got some big games coming up, and would be nice to kick a few arses into shape before then.

But yeah, shitebox.

What an odd ref.

Didn’t cost us the game - but his determination not to book some players nor give penalties did remind me of Indian cricket matches where bowlers persistently chuck down long hops outside the off stump, but have no fielders on that boundary.

1 Like

Just watched a crap game again on MoTD but have to say…HOW WAS THAT NOT A PENALTY. Didn’t hear what the pundits said as I was still running around the lounge shouting…HOW WAS THAT NOT A PENALTY! HOW WAS THAT NOT A FUCKIN’ PENALTY!

5 Likes

Still dogshit.

And how can we run out of bovril and coffee? Did they not look at the weather forecast and think mmm, gonna be chilly. Might be an idea to make sure we have plenty of hot drinks. And for fuck sake, they are so hot they have a half life.Pour some in advance to save time. They won’t go cold until injury time. And when you run out of stuff don’t just stand there with a blank expression on your stupid spotty face. Take down the price on the board above your empty head so that i don’t queue up for 20 fucking minutes only to be told you only have fucking tea left.

Cunts.

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Still dogshit.

And how can we run out of bovril and coffee? Did they not look at the weather forecast and think mmm, gonna be chilly. Might be an idea to make sure we have plenty of hot drinks. And for fuck sake, they are so hot they have a half life.pour some in advance to save time. They won’t go cold until injury time. And when you run out of stuff don’t just stand there with a blank expression on your stupid spotty face. Take down the price on the board above your empty head so that i don’t queue up for 20 fucking minutes only to be told you only have fucking tea left.

Cunts.

looks like Goatboy is Billy Goat Gruff this morning.

Quality rant, enjoyed that :lou_lol:

1 Like

And while I’m at it. The amount of people leaving on 85 minutes when we are only one nil down is fucking embarrassing. And if you are going to leave, fuck off quickly. Crouching.

Cunts.

5 Likes

I think they got his goat.

They’d pre-ordered the Bovril and were heading off to collect.

Nobody told you because they knew you’d be upset.

3 Likes

…and you lot wonder why Turkish doesn’t post here (or does she?).

Liver and bacon casserole, people leaving early, frustration about queuing up to purchase food and drink, the merits or otherwise of slow cooking different parts of different animals, going home to drink quinine and juniper whilst simultaneously having a penis and preparing the evening meal.

Have a word with yourselves!

2 Likes

If it doesn’t improve at the Liverpool game I will twat the catering assistant with a kettle bell.

2 Likes

I hope you’re going to “iron him out” too.

Well, just home from Southampton. At least I got to see the family and do did the kids!

I have to say, it was a bit lacklustre, but also nothing came off, every loose ball fell to one of the Stoke players. When they took the lead, I thought to myself that it was going to be very hard to break them down, as the sat back with 2 banks of 4.

We huffed and puffed and build up a few heads of steam, but all fart not shit. It just was not clicking, so I think one of those days, but it had to be the day I chose to come to Southampton. I should have left it after the Sunderland away win.

The journey down was going great until the M3 standstill at Winchester, which did mean I arrived at my sisters at 13:40 instead of the 12:30 I was hoping for, so did not get to meet any of you guys either, but met up with a couple of Saints fans afterwards, but they were dam right miserable so had a pint and left.

Journey back was 5.5 hours, so of course was fine to get home!

On to City, who will be looking to avenge for their 1-4 defeat!

Guess you must be Geordieland or ther abouts? - A saint in Newcastle helped us out with a charity cycle from the Riverside in Middlesborough to SMS back in 2005… cant remember his name from the 606 site… not you was it? :lou_lol:

Now I am a passionate cyclist and would love to do a cycle like this.

No I am in Carlisle and have only been here since July, I like driving so not a problem for me, but not something I would be able to do every home game, but happy to do it 3/4 times a season.