šŸ„ƒ The Single Malt Thread

That just reads as, come up iā€™ll show you what a good dram really tastes like.
Then ends with, keep in touch thereā€™s better to come.
Thankfully at these prices iā€™d never be able to afford becoming an alcoholic :joy:

2 Likes

Haha you are more than welcome :blush:

Distillery tours are the best as you pick up stuff that is only available from distillery for a reasonable priceā€¦

Thing is I k ow people who will by a Costa coffee every day at Ā£2.50 or soā€¦ or Ā£90 a monthā€¦ that means Ā£180 every 2 months which would hug you a VERY good 20yo+ single cask etcā€¦ choices we make etc. :crazy_face:

You have no idea how close this possibly became. When my daughter asked about holidays and demanded a cool climate, i suggested the boating holiday and she jumped at it, which turned out great, but my next suggestion(and her later admitted first choice) was another trip around Scotland.
If her uni years can spare 2 weeks for the old man i look forward to the whisky lesson :grin:

1 Like

Just let me know!

1 Like

I am beginning to hate you MoTā€¦

1 Like

:lou_is_a_flirt:

Hate me some more :joy:

Glendronach 1992 distilled, bottled 2017 25 yo
Single cask - Oroloso Sherry butt matured for 25 years
Cask strength 56.7%
Non-chill filtered
Natural colour

To be open on 50th Birthday in a few months time :wink:

h and I have 2ā€¦nos 328 and 329 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My last Malt purchase was an Old Pulteny (sp)
Probably about 6 years ago. The green can so no idea which one now at LHR Duty Free on a special promotion for Ā£40.
Last Malt I drank was European Tour Lich Lomond at a wedding in March at Ardtornish.
In my 1st sales job in early 80s used to be given a case of Highland Park to deliver to clients. Those were the days, so many had changed jobs gone on vacation etc etc

2 Likes

I drank a lot
And was pished

https://bbr.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/glenfarclas_family_casks

1 Like

Glenfarclas is a great small family distillery making some great stuff, and as they are not part of the big conglomerates, have a very decent historic set of casksā€¦ TBH, though, the very old stuff, greater than 30 years is not expensive due to any real amazing quality, (it will be good but not Ā£000ā€™s good, nothing is) just as with other commodities, its rarity value - limited casks etc. and investors driving the pricesā€¦ which is sad for us drinkers ;-(

I get equally depressing (read expensive ) emails about wine from Berryā€™s

Of course if you feeling richā€¦

Just why its in a Travel Trunk I am not sureā€¦ like 'hey, I am off for a weekend in Bognor, at Butlins so best pack the Glenfarclas luv!

Unless youā€™re super mega rich would you ever drink anything from that? And what if it tastes like shit :man_shrugging:

Just been added to my Xmas list - letā€™s see if the Ayatollah notices

1 Like

A bottle from my birth year would set me back Ā£5,800ā€¦

3 Likes

You would never tell a soul and if you gave any to someone you would crap on about the subtle hints of this and that until they felt too embarrassed/ stupid to question you

1 Like

It wonā€™t taste shitā€¦ because these casks they leave that long are only those that have been doing very nicely when tested over those years - the best most active casks some 1 in 100, or even 1, in 1000 or so of each yearā€¦ but you are right, whoever buys these will be some Rich twat, ho just wants the kudos of owning itā€¦ not interested in drinking it

Moon shot - set expectations and settle for something you really want

1 Like