The Sotonians Political Party Manifesto

Fair point - OAPs are not work -shy

1 Like

Just a little aside to the electioneering

In my job I meet a lot of people that do ā€œworkman tradesā€

Now a lot of them come from Western Europe, A lot of the most technical trades come from the UK and most of them are nearly OAPā€™s. There is no new young blood coming through to back up the very rapidly declining workforce.

Last Month I had 2 service engineers for Steam Turbines and both were over 60 yrā€™s old.

They still enjoyed themselves in the fleshpot of Labuan, but even they had no idea where the new recruitment was coming from and we are talking about the basic engineering personnel to just keep going what exists not producing the new tech stuff.

NB when I said I had, I meant I paid,

This is still not going well I employed them.

2 Likes

Ed Sheeran to have his bank accounts frozen and be deported to a corner in Baltimore.

Non-negotiable.

3 Likes

Ed Sheeran banned from singing would be enough for me

2 Likes

Admirable, but not nearly ambitious enough.

I want him to rap for his money on a corner in Baltimore.

1 Like

I nominate Pap for Minister of Judicial Correction. Thereā€™s a talent for cruel and unusual punishment there that I would never have guessed.

3 Likes

Ed Sheerans a ginger witch ā€¦ burn him

2 Likes

I nominate you as Papā€™s deputy!!

:lou_lol:

1 Like

I know Ed Sheerans live monitor engineer and he always says ā€œEdā€™s greatā€ā€¦to which I always reply ā€œGayboā€ to which he always replies ā€œyou always say thatā€ with a hurt/exasperated look on his face

My mate is as sharp as treacle

1 Like

A new Man Of The People will take control

Shake the Established Hierarchy to its core

Then lead us to a Brave New World

Where no one has been before

That is my prediction

2 Likes

2 Liverpudlianā€™s, 1 Brumie, 1 Eastolian, and the Easter dinner.

To lead us to the promised land ?

Are you sure about this?

Ed Sheeranā€™s current single is a shallow attempt at embracing several market trends but emerges from the studio as a festering sore on the ripped arse of the music business.

1 Like

This election will be a simple choice.

Ed Sheeran or Kanye.

Blunderbirds are go !!

2 Likes

Oh dearā€¦ :lou_facepalm_2: Iā€™m almost too embarassed to say I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever heard of this new guy. I donā€™t think he can get much air-time on 6 Musicā€¦does he play in one of those beat combos?

Nope

ā€¦ he plays with himself

1 Like

@steveintheforest is so not into Ed :lou_lol:

I have the luck of not knowing who or what he plays as Radio time in the Philippines has just got to U2 and ā€œthe Joshua Treeā€

1 Like

There are precious few young British guys / gals coming through as apprentices in Construction as eastern european labour continues to support the industry more and more. This applies to all trades and professions too. I guess itā€™s not seen as an attractive industry to get into. The average age of guys on sites now must be about 40.

All the nippers want to be Ed Fucking Sheeran, i sā€™pose.

4 Likes

Mu-ha! All this shit about changing wifi passwords that proud mums share on Facebook? I was years ahead of my time.

Besides, these are not new qualities, as long term ā€œSotonians observersā€ would know.

@complete-bollocks-fry knows that better than most.

WHAT?

You mean they no longer play Journey 24x7?

1 Like