The Sotonians Transfers Thread

Dusan Tadic’s transfer to Southampton is being scrutinised by independent investigators appointed by his old club, FC Twente.

Tadic moved to St Mary’s from Twente in July 2014 in a £10.9million deal. He was Ronald Koeman’s first signing for the club.

There is no suggestion of wrongdoing by Southampton but Twente have ordered external investigators to look into a number of transfers including Tadic’s.

Tadic’s agent is Zoran Pavolvic, who is alleged to have received excessive amounts of commission from the deal.

Ol’ Connor Armstrong reckons that Gaston could be on his way to Boro.

I’ve seen some reports of 9M.

1 Like

If we give them £9m I’ll be fucking fuming.

3 Likes

Down the road, Boruc learns of the Austin deal.

5 Likes

Middlesbrough FC@ ojdavies01 2h2 hours ago

BREAKING: We’re delighted to announce the signing of @ gasramirez10 from @ SouthamptonFC on 3 year deal

1 Like

Is Boro’s Twitter handle really ojdavies01? :lou_lol:

1 Like

I can’t see this confirmed anywhere. Has it happened? £9m is clearly bullshit. I’d be very surprised if we’ve got £3m for him.

This is still the only place reporting this ??

Looks like Andros Townsend is on the move to Newcastle.

Just earlier today, he was being touted as part of a swap move for Wanyama by the Internet hive mind :lou_sunglasses:

Carthorses have got more expensive since Tesco was outed for using them in their burgers

Gaston is off to Boro on loan until the end of the season. Takes a 20K pay cut to move. SFC and Boro to pay 20K each, apparently.

Alex Crook@ alex_crook 9m9 minutes ago

Gaston Ramirez joins # boro on loan after agreeing £20k-a-week pay cut. # saintsfc and Boro will pay £20k-a-week each.

Edit : Note to self, refresh page before posting repeat information

Alex Crook@ alex_crook 2m2 minutes ago

Reports in Italy say # boro new-boy Ramirez has already signed a pre-contract agreement to join Penarol at the end of his # saintsfc deal.

Alex Crook@ alex_crook 2m2 minutes ago

# boro fans may be interested in a blog I wrote for @ ESPN on Gaston Ramirez. Talented boy but lacks desire # saintsfc http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/southampton/376/blog/post/2682931/gaston-ramirez-helps-southampton-grab-draw-at-liverpool …

Oh bugger.

So the Gaston source is Alex Crook.

Would have been more confident if only that dodgy official Boro Twitter Feed was reporting it still

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 2m2 minutes ago

# SaintsFC can confirm @ gasramirez10 has joined @ Boro on loan for the remainder of the season.

Embedded image permalink

1 Like

Good luck Gaston. Wrap up warm, yeah?

2 Likes

If Gaston thought Hull was bad…

Boro a decent team, worth watching too, good luck to him.

Step-sister went to uni up there. Went over to check in on her a few times when I was living in Leeds.

The maxim, “it’s grim up north” suddenly made a whole load of sense. This is from a lad who has half of his family from Doncaster.

Juanmi is apparently not happy. Wants out now that Austin has arrived.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/juanmi-hopes-southampton-agree-real-sociedad-move-after-charlie-austin-arrives-qpr-1540364?