The Sotonians Transfers Thread

Understandable, really. I wouldn’t want a player to be happy with the amout of game time he has had.

The problem is, he has done completely sod all with the time he has had.

he hasn’t really had much time though, has he? He needs a run of games to show what he’s all about but he’s not going to get it.

Article suggests Saints dont want a sale, but maybe a loan. Neither would fit with Koeman’s recent comments, so perhaps he still sees something in the player. With JRod out, Pelle perhaps off and Long in the starting 11, there is a firm role on the bench for him and again RK’s recent comments suggest neither Gallagher or Seager are close.

An dross Townsend has been given a 5 half year contract at Newcastle which hopefully means we willl never again be in a position where people say we are in for him or actually sign him.

2 Likes

Amen to this. 50 appearances for Spuds and…3 goals.

…and that’s England form?? :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Rumblings about Leicester being in for Pelle after failing with bids elsewhere.

The S*n is one outlet. talkSHITE is another.

/ducks

They can have him in the summer, when Jay is back. £5m should do it.

Juanmi has had brief chances to show what he can do, sadly we still wait…

If Benteke is £32m then Pelle should be about the same!

I just hope Mane can rediscover some form as his value could plummet with another four months of underperforming.

I’d drop Mane if I were RK and have him on the bench. Long has done well since his extended run and with Austin / Long up front and Davis behind, I think we could be more potent in attack, or at least have a better chance of scoring. Mane is bit hit and miss for me. When he’s on song - superb, when he’s not - quite poor.

1 Like

Ooh ooh oh. Something interesting

It’s all in bloody Polish but the Dubai Crew have their undercover team on the job

Scouts in Attendance@ scoutsattending 14h14 hours ago

# saintsfc scout watched Cracovia MF Bartosz Kapustka on Sat…made notes on 3rd min goal & left after he was subbed

The #globalsfc Facebook Team are digging deeper

:lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

At last some good news, one that didn’t get away !!

Ross Wilson, our head of scouting, has turned down the oppurtunity to become Rangers Director of Football despite Rangers offering him and improved financial package and a blank canvas to work with. He turned down the role after lengthy talks with Les ‘Teflon Slaphead’ Reed persuaded him that SFC was the place to be.

Personally, I think this great news and is right up there in importance to us as VvD staying, the Gabba signing etc.

When Poch left and then took Paul Mitchell with him, a lot of people worried that would mean the end of our excellent transfer success rate. Enter Ross Wilson from Huddersfield who’s turned out to be as good if not better and he’s only 33.

Another gem that just happened to fall on Lucky Les Reeds lap :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

I doubt that even at rangers he’d be getting “shitloads” of money.

Maybe shitloads is an exaggeration but it’s been reported that they were willing to improve on his deal with us, such was the value they placed on him and how much they wanted him

Clearly lessons have been learnt from the Fonte saga on how to ask for a pay rise at Saints…

of course they’d have to offer him more, the job was for director of football, the equivalent of Les’ job. It would be a big promotion for him. Plus you would need the incentive to join a shit league and move hundred of miles to Scotland.

Edited for you Fats. :lou_wink_2:

He’s scottish so he probably doesn’t think of it as a shit league.

The point I was making was that for once, someone hasn’t jumped ship as soon as extra money and big promises were waived under his nose … which is a bit of a rarity for us and welcome news

3 Likes

I’m not sure there is enough money in the world to make me move to Glasgow. It’s even shittier than Liverpool.

2 Likes

Ah but when you were 33 you might have considered it for 3 or 400k extra pa

Those figures are a complete guess but you know what I mean