The ultimate hipster team - Goretzka interest

Fatso’s just jealous, Papster. That’s exactly how aspires to be! :wink:

1 Like

I know him pretty well. Good young talent that has played 2nd fiddle to Geis as the up and coming CM for Schalke.

BS, TS.

Anyway, he won’t sign.

No seriously, I know Schalke. They have plenty of decent young players in that position. Donis Avdijaj is coming back from loan, Geis plays a but further back but is ahead of him and Maximilian Meyer will be the main man for years to come, This might happen.

I want to reply to this but can’t think of a way of doing it without going all Alpine.

Furball, you’ve been going all Alpine for the past two weeks. It’s starting to depress even chirpy old me!

Whats going on?!

Thought you had done a runner on moral grounds anyway Verbal?

I am not Verbal. I am Furball. Completely different.

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Furball, you’ve been going all Alpine for the past two weeks. It’s starting to depress even chirpy old me!

Whats going on?!

I know, I know. Pre-season nerves. It’s going to be alright, isn’t it, Lou?

My mistake, sorry. Thought you had done a runner on moral grounds anyway Furball?

Done a runner (sorry, I feel weird using this phrase) from where? Steveweb? Verbal still posts there as far as I’m aware. What moral grounds could such a Machiavellian poster possibly have?

You need to spend some time with Dr Koeman. He’ll see you right with some of his Dutch medication.

A hipster team is essentially the neutral choice du jour.

Borussia Dortmund have been one in recent years, as have Athletic Bilbao. Atletico Madrid had a little spell but got a little too mainstream when they started actually winning things.

You see swathes of neutrals in Barca, Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus shirts (and so on), but choosing the hipster team’s kit gives the wearer the smug feeling of dipping just below the radar. They’re supporting a strong or promising team, but one that is a relative minnow compared to the powerhouses of the game.

Inevitably paired with an achingly expensive (or just ball-aching) pair of jeans. Instant hipster points. Probably gauges their reaction on new signings based off the player’s stats in FIFA.

See also: tactics hipster.

4 Likes

Koeman claimed that Goretzka wasn’t ‘on his list’ in the press conference this afternoon.

Reverse psychology Bletch. As we move up the prem and hipster rankings the more mind games Kuman has to play innit.

Apology accepted, TS.

1 Like

As Furball says, Toke, apology accepted.

I mean, the one that wasn’t on your gaydar signed for the club, and the one that was on you gaydar has now been officially discounted.

For about 3-4 days when papsweb started, you used to be the go-to-ITK-bloke-with-tokyo-in-his-forum-name. You really were.

During that period, I had considerably less contempt for you. I really did.

Now, well, your reputation is in tatters.

Throw me a bone here, Toke. I’d like to have considerably less contempt for you again.

Prove your ITK status.

I didn’t say I was ITK about this one, just that I knew a bit about him and Schalke and that it wasn’t impossible.