🚵 🇫🇷 Tour De France

1 Like

To be fair they do that in the real one

1 Like

Old Mamil does it again.
Cav wins 6th stage.
Remarkable

Loving it - would be great if he could beat the record on the Champs Elysses but he has to get over the mountains first and he hasn’t ridden them all season. One day is over the Col de Tormalet, twice!!!

1 Like

I thought it was the Ventoux that features twice on one stage. Mind you, that’s even more horrific than the Tourmalet twice.

1 Like

I’m [quote=“CB-Saint, post:79, topic:2885, full:true”]
They have caught the soppy mare who caused the crash in stage 1
[/quote]

Any thoughts on this outcome - out of interest

You are right

She is still likely to get a fine - the fact the lawsuit is dropped means the threat of jail time recedes (some quirk of French law)

She probably deserves some form of penalty even if it is to warn others

I did hear that the day 1 and 3 crashes have cost over £200k in broken bikes

This is 3 months old, but to perhaps add a bit of perspective about costs / reality about what most people are more worried about

But, if you are a cyclist then fair enough.

That why I posted it on a cycling thread

Once up Tourmalet was enough for me… 18C at bottom, -3C at top, get fucked going up, and frozen to death on way down. I also had a cold ;-( Had just opened day before, was end of May a few years back now)

(not helped by weighing 95kg at the time…)

2 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

Cavendish makes it 33, brilliant tactics, although he nearly lost it at the end by celebrating too early…

3 Likes

My Grandson has a mate whose Dad joins in their football games - Joe Cole.
And when he walks with Mum to the village shop often says Hi Cav to his mate who always says Hi Luke

Cav wins again. Equals Merckx.

4 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hopefully he can drag his arse over the Pyrenees and get 35 in Paris

2 Likes

Pogacar has kicked the arse out of this tour. He is just laying down markers for the future - I am 7minutes ahead but I am going to beat you up that mountain because I can and there’s nothing you can do to stop me. And I’m only 22 so I am going to be doing this to you for a decade.

Cav made it so now has 2 chances to get the record

2 Likes

Paris roubaix today - filthy conditions