Tridents

They owe me £350 Mill for my last out vote…

1 Like

It’s a talking point. When I stand for government I’m gonna run on a No EU, No Tridents, No Crossrail, No Royal Family, No Army, No Traffic Police, but everyone gets ten grand in their pocket as a sweetener ticket.

That’s a lot of hookers. Get’s my vote.

What about Traffic Wardens??

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Bearsy

It’s a talking point. When I stand for government I’m gonna run on a No EU, No Tridents, No Crossrail, No Royal Family, No Army, No Traffic Police, but everyone gets ten grand in their pocket as a sweetener ticket.

What about Traffic Wardens??

Yeah and the evil & unilateral Airport Passenger Tax?

1 Like

They’re pretty shitty deterrents anyway. Didn’t deter the IRA, Argentina, the 7/7 bombers, the Taliban, or the guy who killed all those Brits in Tunisia. Nuclear deterrents only work against other nuclear powers with a similar sized number of war heads. That’s why you can describe the U.S. , Russia’s, and China’s nuclear weapons as deterring each other. We and France just have token numbers so we can feel like part of the big boys club.

6 Likes

True but if you were Russia you would think harder before bombing us knowing one was coming back.

It’s only a matter of time before Americans let their public buy nukes as Wallmart in part of their constitutional rights. Let’s just wait until they have a roll back sale and pick up some old ones then.

3 Likes

Just seen this on Twitter :lou_lol:

6 Likes

Is there one in Crimea?

Ouch. Thought Jezza crashed and burnt in the debate on Trident.

I get his sentiment but he came across all Student Union CND or even worse as Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks with his “Why do we need Nukes let’s all live together and trust the Disarmament talks” approach.

I mean it’s not like that hasn’t been tried for 50 odd years Jezza, and clearly old Kim is just gonna roack up and say yeah baby.

Really very unstatesman like. In fact just woeful from him

In box number two, you’ve got fledgling PM Theresa May, less than a week in the job.

She wouldn’t hesitate to kill 100,000 with a nuclear weapon.

Actually, Theresa - you realy should.

If Ukraine still had their deterrent I bet Russia would have thought a bit more closely before going in.

I can see the relevance of Pap’s post, really I can.

They never had their own deterrent, even when they had leftover nukes.

After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Ukraine held about one third of the Soviet nuclear arsenal, the third largest in the world at the time, as well as significant means of its design and production.[2] 130 UR-100N intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) with six warheads each, 46 RT-23 Molodets ICBMs with ten warheads apiece, as well as 33 heavy bombers, totaling approximately 1,700 warheads remained on Ukrainian territory.[3] While Ukraine had physical control of the weapons, it did not have operational control, as they were dependent on Russian-controlled electronic Permissive Action Links and the Russian command and control system. In 1994 Ukraine agreed to destroy the weapons, and to join the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).[4][5]

It didn’t need to destroy them and I bet they wish they kept them know as Russia has invaded, thats alright thought Russia are great to you, the big friendly Bear, you’re a naive idealist Pap.

The 1980s are over, Barry.

I know you don’t know that, but I’m surprised about you not knowing about the fall of the Soviet Union. Balboa laid the groundwork at the end of Rocky IV. After the public shaming of their drug addled superman to a shortarsed Italian mush, on home soil, it was just a matter of time for the Soviet Union and its Communist ways.

It’s all well within your rumoured cutoff point, sometime in the early 1990s. You should _know _this shit :lou_wink_2:

If Russia is such a problem, how come we don’t have loads of crap movies like Red Dawn amping up the threat? Even the Red Dawn remake chickened out, going for North Koreans instead of Russians.

Russia is a huge threat Pap as its desperate, sanctions after Crimea are beginning to bite, like Islam its strugling to adapt to the modern era hence its erractic policy.

Eh? Does Islam have a policy? Pray tell…