Tridents

Oh no, I forgot. You’re a massive twisted racist.

Oops - sorry. You had a muslim round for a BBQ once. All good then.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing the encounter documented in diversity guidebooks, used up and down the country to calm tensions.

Future testimonial from student, probably.

Well, I used to be a knuckle-dragging ruffian, but the story of “Barry Sanchez & his Halal pal at the barbecue” touched my heart. I turned my life around and completed a degree in Classics three years later.

1 Like

Well that was in massive favour to renew!

I had no doubt that parliament would vote to renew nuclear weapons, but that is a huge margin.

472 to 117

As a member of CND I’m obviously disappointed but not surprised.

Utter waste of money.

If we have them then we need to use them otherwise there’s no value for money.

2 Likes

That’s not quite right. It’s city killers that they’ve voted to squander ££ on. Tactical, low yield, battlefield nuclear weapons will always be part on the Navy/Army/RAF arsenal.

When you say huge margin? You mean embarrassing, right?

Fucktards.

1 Like

Mhairi Black belying her years, again:

https://amp.twimg.com/v/558e9f3d-f7d2-4ecc-8f17-49a0db563360

3 Likes

Quite scared about the very positive slant put on renewing up here in Cumbria. But you can kind of understand as it is massive for the town of Barrow. If it was not renewed then the town would have taken a huge nose dive, but the Barrow Shipyard have the contract for the renewal which will have a very positive outcome for the town in decades to come.

Just the 201 million to BAE Systems.

Maybe the money saved on not renewing Trident could’ve been spent on building a sustainable industry in another field that would serve the people of Barrow better for longer. Just a thought.

3 Likes

Just 25 miles up the road they have the lovely sellafields, which also worrying in the news the last week, because the local news have been asking for people to be vigilant in and around the Sellafields area and to report and suspicious activities. Yep you guessed it, the site is on the highest alert for a terrorist attack!

That’s just lovely but you would be killing a town and also many parts of industrial Scotland or whats left of it for your principle, your not really on the side of the worker are you?

Here we go that old original, ha ha the caring side of the left, the tolerant acceptance.
You twisted whopper.

We need a surface fleet, not Trident and the ££ involved could build us a proper fleet and places like Barrow, Rosyth, Clyde would benefit.

She is absolutely fantastic, a genuinely passionate politician representing her constituents and not mincing her words. Looking forward to her being our First Minister in an independent Scotland further down the line :wink:

2 Likes

Why don’t you just move there?!

:lou_angry: :lou_angry: :lou_angry: :lou_angry: :lou_angry:

2 Likes

It wouldnt have been great if Barrow had lost the jobs, but you cant run a country (or the defence budget) on that basis. We have lost whole industries over the years.

Then Scotland would have definately gone independent, thats the reality, also the Americans wanted it and I’m sure there’ll be chipping in on the sly.

News Thump@ newsthump 3h3 hours ago

NEWS! MPs vote to renew small penis compensation system http://bit.ly/2apIpwa

1 Like