Vitesse (H) drinks!

Sorry, I can’t make this one.

Well, I will be in Winchester from lunchtime getting slowly sozzled, so there is a possibility (and I know how much papster loves a ‘maybe’) that I could pour myself into The Farmhouse for a beer.

But as I’m planning to walk to Winchester and back from Eastleigh, and given the state I’m usually in after previous Winchester sessions, I suggest you put me down as a possibly, leaning towards possibly not.

Oh yes, that’s my problem too. But if I can make it to the pub after my walk from North Yorkshire to St Mary’s, I’ll be there!

2 Likes

So is that a possibly or probably?

I will be at the Vitesse ,Espanyol and Everton games… :laughing:

If not needed by RK to play or give the pre game motivational team talk :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Will be in the pub giving the sotonians.com…where is my badge plea :smile:

COYS :innocent:

Are you hoping for some visual stimulation on the towpath? Put another way, why not use the train?

Originally posted by @saintbletch

So is that a possibly or probably?

Well I’m sure it begins with p, but I fear the second word might be off.

Piss poor. I made it down from Liverpool seventeen times last year. I didn’t walk though.

1 Like

Macca.

That’s the reason I’m not using the train.

Macca is a Liverpool-supporting, ex-Basingstokian now residing in Sau Paulo and on his wrist is a FitBit which connects to his phone from time to time for just long enough so that when he does more steps than me he can ‘taunt’ me.

I need the steps.

Actually, heading back on the train to St. Denys was my ‘possibly’ option. But I can already feel pap’s eyes burning into the back of my monitor for my equivocy.

I can understand why he moved. Supporting Liverpool is one thing, living in Basingstoke quite another. A man can only bear so many crosses.

It gets worse Flyd Owl.

In some sort of Betjemanian twist, he actually moved from Basingstoke to Slough before Brazil.

Bletch’s excuses are a bit crap. When one considers that he could simply drink in Southampton with his mate, bunging him on the train to Basingstoke at the appropriate juncture, one is left slightly disappointed.

With the further news that bletch is one of these boring buggers that is into fitness, and specifically, letting people know about it, one could be forgiven for disappearing into a deep, dark funk - and I’m not talking music.

5 Likes

I agree Pap. I’m not even going, but am still felling a bit deflated by this news. Before now, Bletch had almost reached god like status in my eyes. Now I fear he’s just another sock and sandles man. :frowning:

4 Likes

You picturing something like this, Lou?

5 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Bletch’s excuses are a bit crap. When one considers that he could simply drink in Southampton with his mate, bunging him on the train to Basingstoke at the appropriate juncture, one is left slightly disappointed.

With the further news that bletch is one of these boring buggers that is into fitness, and specifically, letting people know about it, one could be forgiven for disappearing into a deep, dark funk - and I’m not talking music.

I’m washing my hair?

[Warning, bletch is about to mention fitness-related stuff again] *** ****

I’ve created some confusion. My drinking mate is Winchester-based, my Basingstoke boy from Brazil taunts me through the medium of the Internet if he beats my steps. School is also out for Summer so I’m down about 9000 steps/day that I’ve got to make up somehow.

His papship should also know that I have just exchanged mobile telephone numbers, and not a little body fluid, with Flyd Owl in anticipation of my attempts to get to ye Olde Farmhouse.

I’ve laid out my case. Explained that it’s going to be difficult to get there. Explained that it won’t stop me trying. And still I get judged!

All this from a bloke that, and I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, had to post on a thread in the other place when everyone left the pub early whilst I let the pub dog sniff my crotch.

So forgive me for offering a possibly. I knew I should have greeted your loaded request with silence.

* BTW bletch isn’t really into fitness stuff, or broadcasting the fact for that matter, but he was asked why he was walking and not taking the train.

** Did I mention that even in my dotage I still play football? (rhet.)

2 Likes

Somehow managed to get a couple of tickets now, so will be with you in Southampton…

3 Likes

Me and the boy coming down but not sure what time I’ll get into Soton. Where are you all going? - Farmhouse or South Western or somewhere else?

Think it’s pre-drinks @ The Old Farmhouse. It’s reasonably close to the ground, but not rammed. Problem with the South Western pre-game is leaving enough time to get to the game.

Thanks Pap - count me in as a ‘possible, but depending on South West Trains’

Oh boy, you are in all sorts of pap-shaped trouble now!

Prapsicoulddropyou off?