WBA v Saints ... debagging the Throstles!

5 mins Fergie time

1 Like

Forster just saved us there from a point-blank shot on the 6 yd box.

Forster AGAIN.

Forster MOM for me.

Get in!

Easy…I knew we’d do it. :lou_lol: Well done lads…8th place is still on.

1 Like

Bit nervy at the end but a very good performance.

Fair fucks to FF. He was excellent today.

Good game.

Good performance.

Good result.

Good ref.

Yoshida my MOTM.

I am now going out and getting pissed.

5 Likes

. Yeah, that was him at his best. I owe him an apology.

2 Likes

Best game Forster has had in ages. Probably all season. A few more of those a year and people would get off his back!

Redmond was fantastic today, as was Bertrand. In fact, no weak performers in the side aside from perhaps Long who didn’t really have anything clear-cut.

7 Likes

That magic 40 point mark :smiley:

Lovely darts.

4 Likes

Forster back to his best.

2 Likes

Forster made some superb saves today, gave us the win to be honest.

Rest of the team had a good game too, 70% posession up until Clasie hammered it in to the onion bag…

A very satisfying win … it doesn’t feel right that bunch being above us and now we’ve given ourselves a realistic shout to catch them. Great team performance I thought, if I had to choose I’d say Yoshida for MOTM but there really wasn’t much between any of them… everyone put in a great shift.

Good to see signs that Fraser Forster might have finally turned a corner and be getting back to his form of last season.

Funny seeing us playing Pulis at his own game for the last 20 mins, with a ten man defence … shit innit Tony !! :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Anyone else have Sportsmania problems today ?

perfect for me.

Strange … mine dropped out 3 or 4 times and one one occasion I couldn’t reconnect. So I tried other prem games and none of them were working. 5 minutes later they were all back. Also had a few buffering problems which is extremely rare on SM.

Have you reinstalled the plugin since they moved to sportsmania.rocks?

1 Like

A French mate of mine was telling me earlier this season how Puel does well with young attacking players and worked wonders with Ben Arfa down at Nice. Redmond has improved hugely throughout the season - going from a poor man’s Walcott who seemed capable of little else other than kicking-and-running and could barely return a pass in a one-two, and now seems to have the ball glued to his foot even when running with pace. Tadic has been much more consistent on the other flank as well.

I’d like us to try and integrate Boufal in the team if we can as well (would it be impossible to play him in a midfield three if we have Romeu and Hojbjerg providing the muscle?) - particularly as there isn’t much to play for and therefore now’s the time to experiment - but if not, no worries - having a strong bench is obviously great.

Phil Thompson’s post-match synopsis…

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/west-bromwich-albion/10830642/thompson-southampton-impressed

1 Like

No, it’s just had the normal auto updates and the menu page has a new look about it, so I assumed I didn’t need to do anything. It’s been working fine up until the match today. SSNews is working ok.

I’ll try it tho’ … uninstall then reinstall from the same zip ?

I wondered if it might be my isp … BT fucking about with the feed