West Ham drinks

Just setting off, should be there at quarter to 3.

Sorry got held up a bit by a video from the landlord. En route now, be about 30.

Just met Steve Grant. No violence occurred.

8 Likes

Did Intiniki go?!

Seriously gutted about not being with you lot of lucky people.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Did Intiniki go?!

Not today not feeling great after hitting my head earlier whilst building a shelf :-/ I will come to a drink some time but still unsure re actually going to a game.

Now in a ridiculous queue for the tube. Back to the kings head for one?

Yup. Meet us there.

Intiniki, come to West Brom at Southampton on 16 January! Good excuse for you to visit the city you love! And it would be cool to finally meet… Plus, the game will be a spectacle if you’ve not been to one before. The songs are funny even if you find the footie boring!

1 Like

Fair chance of that versus West Brom, tbh.

Entirely this. Come on Intiniki :clap:

Back from London. A depressing second half, but good company. Good to meet GB’s mate and future pap replacement KRG, who does a much better job looking like the Dude from The Big Lebowski than I manage.

My burning question of the evening is why it’s okay to insult short people for being short, even though most of them bear no responsibility for being short, and not okay to insult those of a heavier set, even though in many cases that can be self-inflicted.

The meeting with Granty was cordial enough. Just said hello, acknowledged that things got a bit heated, said things had probably worked out for the best and that there were no hard feelings.

4 Likes

How come you met, Pap? Was this a pre arranged truce summit? Did security need to scope out the pub 24 hours in advance?

Glad you guys made good.

Was just in the same pub and it would have been weirder not to say hello, tbh. Everyone who knew he was there and knew me made a point of letting me know :lou_lol:

Nowt contentious was really discussed. It’s not sorted by any means; you’ll never see a TSW post from me again. My long term plans for this place are possibly in direct conflict with his. I didn’t mention the ban, or enquire any further into it. It just doesn’t matter.

We’ve got slightly different demographics, and I suspect slightly different aims. We’re far better off putting our respective energies into those communities than raking over old ground, and it’s nice to know it’s not a real life problem.

2 Likes

someone told me he called you a knob when you walked away.

3 Likes

Accurate bastard, that Granty.

1 Like

Stirrer!

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Originally posted by @Fatso

someone told me he called you a knob when you walked away.

Stirrer!

No drinks for Bond then

I’ve got to say, the write ups on these drinks have been pretty poor. This is what happens when you don’t send Bletch along. C’mon people! What happened when KRG met Chertsey…we’re on the edge of our seats here!

Why do people think myself and KRG have beef? We may not agree on everything, but we certainly don’t have mass debates (snigger) like myself and Pap.