🗼 What have we got to rival the Spinnaker Tower?

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @steveintheforest

Originally posted by @BTripz

Note to if linking to Dropbox photos make sure that you have set permissions so severyone can see it!!!

Better ??

Much :lou_is_a_flirt:

Nope - can’t see it on my phone…

Or my work PC…

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

What Southampton really needs is a new Ice Rink…

Spend public money on an ice rink ??

Those fine city elders have already provided the good folks of Southampton with the maritime museum they were crying out for … and now they demand an ice rink !!!

1 Like

Don’t worry an ice rink anywhere is as likely as Saints groundsharing with the fishy few.

1 Like

I think it’s a joke as it’s been rumoured for years and years…

1 Like

I know Cherts … I remember the old one closing and the endless broken promses since.

3 Likes

Should work for everyone now … doesn’t feel quite as amusing to me now I’ve fucked about for an hour, trying to upload it !!!

6 Likes

Bit dejavu. Haven’t we had a thread where we moan about how rubbish Southampton is?

1 Like

Litlle bit. Either that or you’re a wise sage with latent powers of precognition.

But probably the former.

Well it is shite, historic pubs? No, bombed a lot in the war? A fair bit but no more than many others, shite 60’s buildings? A shitload. Waterfront? Nothing to write home about. Classy hotels and restaurants? Well we have a nandos and a premier inn. Dance the night away? We have Jumpin Jaks. Shopping? We are proud of our City centre Ikea.

Southampton is a place for study and closing your door after a hard days graft…

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Southampton is a place for study and closing your door after a hard days graft…

Starting to understand why you don’t like the place.

2 Likes

What kind of clubs are you looking for Bazza?

Waterfront? Nothing to write home about.

Why would you write to your home city about things it is already well aware of?

Couldn’t you just contact the council?

At 41 nothing now but what is there for the young ones? Sterns, Manor or Joannas? Oh they aren’t or weren’t in town, no Cream or Gatecrasher nor Bigg Market or Printworks…

At 41 nothing now but what is there for the young ones? Sterns, Manor or Joannas? Oh there aren’t or weren’t in town, no Cream or Gatecrasher nor Bigg Market or Printworks…

You do realise Southampton has one of the best house music scenes in the country, don’t you?

Look up Orange Rooms, Junk, Switch and High Tide, look at the DJ’s that perform regularly (James Zabiela, Alan Fitzpatrick, Tom Budden, Gary Benetton - all Southampton lads) and you’ll see how wrong you are.

I tried that and they can’t move water, I did say lets not build more flats and build something of sunstance like a themed brothel, an ice rink or even a tourist attraction to get the punters in, they said they thinking of putting in some retail space in with some rabbit hutch flats with an absolute shit view for an exorbitant price.

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

At 41 nothing now but what is there for the young ones? Sterns, Manor or Joannas? Oh there aren’t or weren’t in town, no Cream or Gatecrasher nor Bigg Market or Printworks…

You do realise Southampton has one of the best house music scenes in the country, don’t you?

Look up Orange Rooms, Junk, Switch and High Tide, look at the DJ’s that perform regularly (James Zabiela, Alan Fitzpatrick, Tom Budden, Gary Benoetton - all Southampton lads) and you’ll see how wrong you are.

No I didn’t realise that as is it actually true? Local dj’s who may be talented performing at local parochial club shocker.

And I’ll add charging to get in is fucking so 20 years ago.

Tom Budden and Gary Bennetton are part of the High Tide crew (which also includes Steve Nights, who run the clubs (Orange, Junk and Switch) and also run the Warehouse Parties, Boat Parties etc. Former High Tide Boat Party DJ’s include Sasha, Carl Cox, Nick Fanciulli, Eats Everything, John Digweed.

Before you criticise stuff, make sure you know what your talking about, yeah?

Thats lovely it doesn’t distract the scene from being crap does it? We’ve never had a superclub nor a culture of even wanting one, we can’t even get a fucking icerink, I used to have to go to Martines for a late night bevy as New Yorks got that full, and the London road places are initmate and I am using estate agent speak when they really are fucking tiny.

Brighton, Bournemouth and the island in thick blood WERE always better and I understand bar the skates they still are for a night out. We still charge,offer shite beer and probably still have dress codes (now I am guessing there).

It seems you’re guessing at everything.

The point is it’s not crap. The scene’s good. It may have been shut in your day, but I expect a city with that much Barry Sanchez is always going to be shit.

If you want big club, it’s got the biggest Oceana in the country. Shit music but so was New York’s and you used to try to get in there. It seems that you’re judging the scene on what it was like 20 years ago.

2 Likes