What makes Great Britain 'Great'

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Ahr Bazza, brandishing ‘multiculturalism’ as if it were a deadly weapon… striking fear into our weak and feeble pink hearts… what you must recognise dear boy, is that the idea or ideal of a multicultural society is not the problem. It’s those that spread ignorance that multiculturalism is to blame for the ills of local communities… ills of poverty, disaffection, and lack of hope in some communities, did not begin with Blair’s or other pinko visions, but with the grim dismantling of whole industries under Grot Bag herself - the Wicked Witch of the West. Further radiculisation is a more recent tragic trend as the geo-political climate creates rich and fertile ground for monsters to recruit a confused and disenfranchised youth…

How can multiculturalism work when each group define themselves by their respective groups/races. religions? If they defined themselves by Nationality and no religion was in it I could understand, we had the split of church and state but others haven’t caught up with this brilliant piece of free thinking. We should not be bound by a book but people are and that’s why it can not work. Ban religion and I think multiculturalism will work, that’s doesn’t mean to say I advocate that merely that’s the only we’ll integra

Baz, culture is more than religion… And you need to be careful to differentiate. Even as a fully committed atheist who considers those with religious faith somewhat unhinged, i can’t attribute the relatively recent radicalisation to simple religious cultural differences - after all we have lived with, fought with with, fucked with and even lived in a civil way with (at times) since the idiotic doctrines were first established - living in a diverse community historically has helped educate, understand and overcome the ignorance responsible or racism, and other prejudices. It has led to the evolution of culture if anything as we adopt rich elements that enhance our society from food, art, music, science etc.

As mentioned before, the radicalisation is made possible because of those still evil enough to blame the differences between people for the ills of those communities… Communities that are negatively impacted on by government or ego-political issues.

CIA and the Taliban were allies of sorts against the Russians in the 80s FFs possibly one of the best examples of the futility of this shit and how ultimately religion is merely the banner under which those looking for political influence recruit under…

Culture is far more than religiojn but others simply do not see it that way, Palmyra for instance, culturally we can not marry a Muslim woman, it happens but it is very rare. Some people see “their” culture and religion as the same thing. We dont as there has been a break from the state and church and we are far less observant then we once were. The immigrants that by and large into this Country were economic migrants and were from poor Pakistani rural backgrounds which are closer to the stoneage than the modern age in thinking,

500 years ago a person would have said they would have God over their Nation, 50 years ago it would have been the Nation over God now we care for neither.In the middle East and Pakistan I would imagine quite highly they would choose God over Nation/state.

Pap does Bazold talk like this in real life?

Well, a lot of the tweets weren’t really all that funny, but even so…

Most of the tweets weren’t funny. Those tweets represented what is “great” about Britian.

There is nothing funny about cheese and onion crisps… Or ignorance with respect to social benefits of cultural diversity

If that refers to me you won’t find a person who wants it to work more, nor am I ignorant either, i simply see it for what it is, an expensive failure and the want of people forming circles around their kith, kin and religion, been going on for centuries and nothing will change that. Throw into the mix books of bollocks and you are going to have issues.

…Sunday morning football, chatting with the postman, cheddar, the NHS, moaning about the NHS, broadband speed, misty mornings, long summer evenings, trees as old as the hills, politeness, rudeness, Carry On films, forests, mountains, heaths, moors and wetlands, our beautiful coastline, double decker buses, music, feeding the ducks in the park with a stale white sliced…

1 Like

My postman is a cunt.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

…Sunday morning football, chatting with the postman, cheddar, the NHS, moaning about the NHS, broadband speed, misty mornings, long summer evenings, trees as old as the hills, politeness, rudeness, Carry On films, forests, mountains, heaths, moors and wetlands, our beautiful coastline, double decker buses, music, feeding the ducks in the park with a stale white sliced…

My postman is a cunt.

Mine’s called Trevor and is a jolly nice chap.

Be nice to your postmen and binmen.

1 Like

I’ll add I live in one of those middle class places where everyone gets on and is different colours and religions, we all meet 3/4 times a year for drinks, fireworks, bbq’s, carols etc etc and all that shit, its lovely, I just know thats not how society works. Poverty, educaton, jobs and housing play a huge part, religion was not a fifth addtion to that.

You are missing the point Baz. It’s not a failure - normal intelligent people from all cultures have historically lived and learned from each other for donkeys years. Escalation of problems are not a result of multiculturalism . It’s what is being blamed because it’s an easy target - for those complete cunts who want to ignore reality and cause tensions and divisions.

5 Likes

Morris Men!

And Spitfires.

1 Like

There is nothing funny about cheese and onion crisps… Or ignorance with respect to social benefits of cultural diversity

If that refers to me you won’t find a person who wants it to work more, nor am I ignorant either, i simply see it for what it is, an expensive failure and the want of people forming circles around their kith, kin and religion, been going on for centuries and nothing will change that. Throw into the mix books of bollocks and you are going to have issues.

You are missing the point Baz. It’s not a failure - normal intelligent people from all cultures have historically lived and learned from each other for donkeys years. Escalation of problems are not a result of multiculturalism . It’s what is being blamed because it’s an easy target - for those complete cunts who want to ignore reality and cause tensions and divisions.

It is a failure, as soon as culture comes into it it becomes a clash of them, fuck the culture and look at the person, speak as you find, people 3 generations in are still living in the same areas speaking their native tongue, thats not multiculturalism its absolute failure of it, sure when the shit hits the fan you will get the community singing we ae the World but when the camera stops rolling they go back to their commnunites or close the door not answering until the morning.

This is why UKIP is soaring and on the working left people are beginning to wake up and see this experiment has failed, go to Europe and see the rise of Nationlist parties there (they are extreme right and left there not knitting classes and sponge cakes like here)

What causes tensions and divisions?

UKIP soaring?

Noisily bouncing along the bottom more like.

4 Million voters?

I guarantee that the number of UKIP voters will halve within two years. Once the blacks, Romanians and Muslims have killed them all.

1 Like

Very good program on bbc2 at the moment.

Pork Pies

Thats defo not on the beeb at the moment.

I don’t watch TV but I would watch a BBC2 docu on Pork PIe manufacture.