Where will we finish? Place and Points

Rallyboy

Listening to our new fans about how we’re going for Champions League places and how we’re going to improve year on year.

These imbeciles make me laugh.

How can you improve when you sell your best players?

Do people believe the rhetoric from St Marys, I believe these people and I really do that they’re intelligent until it comes to football.

I think things would be better for us if we didn’t sell our best players

We’ll avoid relegation (hopefully) and start all over again next season.

Whatever.

I’m in for the long haul regardless.

5 Likes

If we were able to keep our best players I reckon by now Terry Paine and Mick Channon would be pissed off having to train everyday but never getting picked.

Ormerod was great for us, as was Connolly, but we don’t want those two fuckers cluttering up the place now.

Clubs must evolve - players, managers and owners come and go, only the fans remain, so I’m with Cobham.

#longhaul

6 Likes

We’re evolving into a worse team with poorer players, agree or disagree?

Yeah we’re not great at this precise moment of the season - that’s pretty obvious, but continually climbing the leagues forever and financially outmuscling the top six is the fucking dream of the deluded.

VVD has been back for five mins and the manager has been here about an hour and a half - give the team a bit of time before you judge the whole season.

2 Likes

So what have the board said?
What are their intentions?

We all know we’re never compete with the top 7/8 on a consistent basis, but what is our intention?
How will we get there?

The blank above is what the Chinese have said.

I’ve lost interest in this pointless chat and I suspect everyone else has to.

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter what the board say (you won’t believe them anyway).

Nobody gives a flying fuck what Les comes out with.

Fans just want to win. Every game.

Everything else is just bollocks.

Yes, deep down we know we are not going to win every game but that doesn’t stop us hoping and supporting.

Why this obsession with the boards intentions?

Surely the intention of everyone at the club is to win?

Les doesn’t sit in his boardroom thinking “Fuck it, we might be bottom but look at my lovely spreadsheet and sparkling 5 year plan.”

The club attempt to pull in the same direction. Maybe the fans should reciprocate.

6 Likes

Why didn’t we take the League Cup seriously by picking our strongest team?

Why? They responsible to the shareholders?

They want us to coast in midtable and collect the money.

Fuck them and that.

1 Like

Should of given Puel another season … I’m sure Reed probably would of except for fan pressure and look where we are now. A far less experienced manager albeit with a south american name.

Puel was shite, lets not look back and say he was great as he wasn’t, it was awful.

Just because its shite now doesn’t mean it wasn’t shite then, maybe he is simply the wrong man?

I think we’ve just got a couple of key transfers wrong of late. ‘Wrong’ might not be the right word because there is always an element of risk or a gamble with such things.

I think we desperately miss the pace, threat and directness of Mane. Boufal and Redmond were brought in to fill the void and neither have contributed anywhere near as much as I imagine the club hoped. I’m sorry to dig him out but I think we are better than Redmond. He isn’t a top 8 player in my opinion. His lack of end product is testament to that.

All of a sudden Gabbiadini is seemingly deemed incompatible in our side, perhaps because he wants through balls threaded through but we haven’t anybody to deliver them. The players behind him (Tadic, Redmond and Boufal) are notorious for taking an extra touch in my view. Davis prefers a short pass.

Given the way the market was in the summer, perhaps gone are the days where you can pick up a truly brilliant prospect for £10m-£12m as those players now cost double. Are we priced out? Possibly. Which would make sense why additional investment was sought out. Obviously it remains unclear if that will happen, given the overall message of ‘business as usual’. That said he hasn’t had his feet under the table for very long so proof will be in the pudding over the next couple of windows.

On the plus side I’m sure the club are aware of whatever limitations we are currently experiencing and will be looking to address it. Our back four is decent as is the two in midfield. Even Forster is starting to resemble a goalkeeper again.

We just need an xfactor in attacking midfield in my opinion. We will have at least £60-£70m to spend on him next summer once VVD gets his move, so fingers crossed the black box has identified a suitable candidate.

No need to lose our shit just yet chaps.

12 Likes

Fucking love this shit. Total sweb row about something yet to happen. I’m in.

9th on 54 pts.

6 Likes

Everything is shite to you Barry.

1 Like

I dont know why you think I would have a masterplan for cracking the top 4.? You seemed to have guessed an answer to an imaginary question.

I do know however that the you should always 'have a dump or get off the pot '. Its fairly simple

Looking at the press and articals of when we were buying Gabba they all say he didnt fit into the system at his previous club and was always played out of position. I may be missing something but I cant find anything from his time in Italy that states exactly where his best position is. As far as I can guess from the italian press it is on the right of a front 3 but I may be wrong. Does anyone know any different?

When Gabbi was scoring for fun in his first clutch of games, he was not playing on the right of a front three. Did you miss those games?

No I didnt

Looks like you mis read the post