Where will we finish? Place and Points

In fairness, I don’t think there’s a team (squad, at the very least) that wouldn’t.

IMO he is Liverpool’s best player. I (and my 'Pool supporting mates seemed to agree) would have been far more concerned about losing him than Coutinho in the summer.

You only have to look at how quickly their season fell apart when Mane was missing last term. Dude is an extremely effective player. It was always going to be a huge ask for a club such as ours to replace him.

4 Likes

You said you could not find anything (from his time in Italy) that said where his best position is. I am suggesting you dont need to know where that was in Italy, it was evident when he arrived here.

1 Like

We will finish where we will finish, somewhere between 17th and 8th.

We will have peaks and troughs, we will score shitloads (2 a game) then not score at all.

We will finish with somewhere between 40 and 60 points!

Every angle covered there…

It’s called being a supporter. No guarantees, getting behind your team whether they do well or not. Go on, try it.

2 Likes

Supporting what? Overpaid pricks who care little for the City, people and its history? The board who linger like parasite for the tv money? No bollocks to them.

1 Like

Back to watching amateur football for you then, because you have just described every professional team.

7 Likes

So no reason for you to be on this or any match related thread then. Good.

3 Likes

Bye Barry, it’s been fun - all the best mate.

Make sure you still drop in occasionally to let us know how you are.

It seems sad to have to explain this but I suppose this is the state of things now where people want to fed blind brand loyalty.

Ive mentioned before Bobby Robsons quote on the Newcastle web site about what it is to support a club. He got it right.

Its not about supporting the players, its not supporting the board, its not about supporting the TV money, its about supporting the club.

All those other things come and go and only deserve respect when they earn it.

3 Likes

Almost exactly what I was going to say @newyorksaint , I support the club not the players…