Wtf ... VVD out for 3 months ! .... unbelievable

Who gets sick pay not us expats still on full pay until 1 year then 75% for next year then probably terminated for not turning up for 2 years.

… if there was a badge for the most dramatic thread title with so little substance … :lou_facepalm_2:

TBF you did say it was unbelieveable.

1 Like

LOL … a ‘get out of jail’ card … how very kind of you LITSL

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if Virgil hasn’t broken a bone in his foot.

IF that is the case, he’ll need several months.

Claude says VVD is out for ‘weeks’… so that could be 2 or 3 weeks or maybe 12 weeks. Not good news.

Virgil didn’t do a thing. T’was that dirty rat Vardy.

id be really surprised if it was 2-3 weeks. Claude would have said that if it was the case. I suspect it’s more likely to be 2-3 months.

Indeed it was @pap , though the BBC decided to edit Vardy’s late challenge from history and they pretended that he just collapsed in a little heap for no reason.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that on the BBC highlights. Initial foul by Vardy not shown at all, just Virgil collapsing as if he’d simply twisted his ankle or whatever. I’ve watched the highlights on SFC’s site but that’s not as clear as it might be. Vardy’s a nasty little git though.

I saw it as studs into the back of the ankle after the ball had gone - but I always see the worst in people.

And anyone who says after any bad challenge - he’s not that type of player - well he fucking is, he just did it!

I concur @pap & @rallyboy the press do seem to have forgotten the challenge in question. I am starting to wonder if I dreamt the whole lot @vardy

Yeah I agree, I was just saying that Claude didn’t use ‘months’, instead opted to say ‘weeks’. It could mean anything but I was angling towards some rare optimism for a change!

Two things here.

1. Claude says it’s not particularly serious but needs rest,which suggests to me that it is weeks and not months.

2. The Echo continues with its literal transcription of Claude’s pressers - including a tortuous sentence which culminates in Claude referring to VvD as ‘she’.

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Van Dijk out for “weeks”

Show/hide article…

Virgil van Dijk has been ruled out for a number of weeks.

Saints boss Claude Puel refused to put an exact timescale on the return of the Dutch central defender, but confirmed he is not back any time soon.

Puel said that the injury is not particularly serious, but that it does require time to heal.

He said: “We know Virgil will stay weeks out of the team, and it’s important to find the good balance without him for a few weeks. We will see how many time she stays not available for the team.

“For the moment it is important like against Liverpool to see a good balance in defence and to see perhaps a possibility or no at the end of this window market.

“It is important to see a possibility in this position.”

Go to the original article…

…disruptively sculpted by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

2-3 months according to Claude.

Vardy you rat faced fuck

I did tell you that a week ago, but being the bearer of bad news and being smug about it isn’t an attractive trait.

2 Likes

The last part to this, is not good enough. We needed a replacement, we have professionals at the club to scout players, it is their fucking job. Should always have a few players in mind. We are really short in this area. (I do not mean fucking height).

This has really pissed me off for some reason.

Can you imagine a procurement/purchaser saying to his manager, sorry I could not find the cheapest but best quality ‘part’ for this multinational item… so we are fucked. I’m going home now!

I usually try to keep upbeat and optimistic in all matters Saints. However, in this case…

buggering fuck

Unless some miracle occurs then we’re not going to finish as well as we did last season.

I don’t believe in miracles so although it’s still early(ish) in the season I’ll take a Wembley final and finishing outside the drop zone.

Looking forward to an improvement next season already…and some good buys in the summer.