🕹 🎮 Xbox or PlayStation?

As I said the PS consoles are better than the Xbox rivals.

Simply not true, but don’t let me stop you advertising your ignorance on any topic you care to speak on.

1 Like

It is true.
Sales and games.

You already agreed sales mean nothing. Games? In your opinion, of course

Did I? Ok, the games piss all over the xbox’s.
I have and have had both of nearly all of them, the ps is just a smoother, more polished experience, the xbox interface still looks and feels clunky.

So what’s this wonderful exclusive that Sony had?

So far, you’ve mentioned The Last of Us.

The biggest one I can think of for PS4 is Spider-Man.

Uncharted.
God of War.
Gran Turismo ps1
Metal Gear Solid ps1
Final Fantasy ps1
Bloodborne
Horizon zero dawn

Nevermind ps3 and the where nintendo had to wait for releases later than the ps.

What does Uncharted do that the modern Tomb Raiders don’t? They’re not exclusive, and if they have been, they’ve been time limited exclusives. The first two are cracking games.

I think God of War is fair enough, but the rest of your list is either ancient (do we really need to go back to 1997 to discuss today’s consoles), series that have since gone multi-platform.

Bloodborne wasn’t my cup of tea. Haven’t played Horizon Zero Dawn, but the consensus is that it is decent, not world-beating.

Pap that managed to say everything and yet nothing, Uncharted is one of the best, the last of us is simply one of the best games ever made.
Get over it and stick Halo on love.

Funnily enough, while I knew what Halo meant for consoles, it didn’t work the magic on me. I think it might have kicked my arse, if memory serves.

I am not here to be an advocate of any one system. The Uncharted series are great games. The developers had a huge amount of corporate resource for the first one and the war wounds to get through the others. It is a tremendously polished bit of software.

Thing is, any gamer worth his or her salt would know that the first game, while visually gorgeous, had crap gunplay and ripped its best ideas from other games, such as Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Tomb Raider, two much more important games.

The other thing is, most games are basically the same these days. normally a 3rd person platformer with RPG mechanics. The only thing that makes Uncharted stand out in that crowd is that it wasn’t open world when I played it, something it get bonus points for.

The first was the worst but it was still a great game, the acting, characters, graphics and storyline stand out, come on Pap.

They’re supposed to be games, not fucking films.

Do you actually like games, Barry, or is this like your “love” of Saints?

Some games are an experience Pap, you need to get with it slick.

Everything is an experience.

An experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.

Pap my son, life lesson has finished, have a beer and chill.

My days of not understanding anything you say are just about coming to the ed of the beginning.

Nice trick though. Typing without thinking.

1 Like

I could probably get this first, thanks to the new PC.

It’ll depend on the exclusives, and I think Microsoft’s strategy to put things out on PC is going to cannibalise their console sales.

1 Like

Series X looks better than PS4 on specs alone.

Faster processor, customised for the machine.

More teraflops, all important in 3D, probably a consequence of the Series X having more computing units.

The Series X also looks to have 2 speed memory, the fastest of which is faster than the PS4. I suspect they’ll keep the slower stuff for things not needed as much.

The only area in which PS5 seems to have the edge is on I/O Throughput.