😢 😃 Actual cheerful nice stories that may give you hope in people

Don’t you just wish they go all the way?

1 Like

Before the games they’re fed on raw Dolphin steaks so it not a good news story at all. :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Well definitely not for flipper

2 Likes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/7f17c183-480b-4c24-bb2e-8b0bf6b53fab

Reminds me of when me and Mrs C_S and the youngest lived in Wimbledon and Wimbledon FC had sold their soul and moved to Milton Keynes after moving out of Plough Lane and played at Selhurst Park .

Exactly the same arguments and comments when AFC Wimbledon set up. I follow their results, almost my 2nd club.

Good to see they’re now building a new Plough Lane, the old one was fucking dilapidated and shite - loved the brutal WWF style of football the old Wimbledon played back in the day though.

Epic trip there just before Xmas one year with Salisbury Saints. Crashed a works shopping trip to Oxford St. Got beered up, found ourselves in a posh sex shop.
All bought “toys”
Arrived at ground. An attractive Brunette WPC was asking to search bags. I suggested that may not be a good idea, could I ask for a male PC to search my bag. She got all “equality”
So she opened the bag and pulled out the toy.
15 lads behind all then cried out Search Me, Search Me.
She went purple, her Male Colleague did an astonishing job of retaining his composure and said - All yours, the Gentleman did try.
We lost the game but never forget the trip.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :cash: :halo: Giving Is Saintly

9 Likes

BBC News - Dave Grohl asks Ipswich 10-year-old to play with Foo Fighters

What a cracking story!

1 Like

Oh wow this is a thread

1 Like

I know her parents. Her dad was one of the university graduates I trained. He met his future wife in Liverpool, she wanted to move back to South Africa and he asked me whether he should go.

I said that in his shoes, with no kids, I’d take all these opportunities while I could. They moved back around five years later, proper trained the kids up on music. He’s got a younger son and I’d be entirely unsurprised if he ended up being ace too.

2 Likes

May as well dump this here

3 Likes
5 Likes

One great initiative across Poland is to make sure Defibrillators are available & easy to find in even the smallest village carpark.

Great news story today from Gdansk. CCTV showed a guy fall down on the station platform as a train pulled in people went to see him, the guard & driver got off & helped.
The guard gave (Corona safe CPR) (We’ve had TV ads telling us how to do it).
Driver ran to get the Defib.
They saved his life, he is recovering in hospital.
Karenski on Facebook in Gydnia ranted about her train being late

2 Likes

Nottarf already did that.

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Godamn hayfever

1 Like