:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Don’t come around here with your Sir Clive Sinclair shit again, @gavstar . I was a Commodore 64 owner, and fiercely proud of it. I’ll send you scuttling out of here at 7mph in your C5, you colour clash motherfucker.

That said, no, but I would also include the following in the things I am good at.

1/ Any sort of game involving dice

2/ Falsely claiming strategic victory in games like Risk, after a lot of lucky dice throws.

3/ Lying about the number of things I am good at.

4/ [Directive 4 Classified]

So any of the Remain crowd miffed at the latest tactics from the EU? Pay, or we walk away.

Imperative of the negotiator or the EU showing its true face to us?

What a surprise, the EU playing hard-ball…like night following day. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Hang on, we were told they need us as much as we need them - they’ll bend over backwards to accommodate us as we’re so essential to their economies.

Oh, more Brexit bullshit :lou_eyes_to_sky:

3 Likes

They see it as a members club, a gentlemen’s club if you like. We are saying to them that we do not want to pay the £1,000 per year membership anymore as the wife has kicked off about it. They asked if we won’t be attending anymore but we were like “Nah, we are definitely attending but are looking for a kind of guest pass system. I know you don’t offer this but… can I just pay cash on the door so the Mrs doesn’t see it on my statement?” They said Nah not really. But they know that once we are in we spend shit loads so are considering it.

They have now got to the point where they have said we will consider your pay as you go cash offer but “first, you have to settle up your tab as you have bought loads of drinks and have Crystal and Brittany on a retainer for when you are in. Sort that our and we will talk about it.”

However, if we do pay up our tab the wife will go nuts as we are spending, even more, money at this club she hates.

Key:

Wife = Hate EU Brits

Club = EU

You = UK Government

Crystal = The single market

Britney = a busty girl trying to pay for her studies.

6 Likes

It might not matter about negotiations. What are the rules about breaching spending limits, because vote leave are being investigated again(it’s going to stick sonner or later).

Sixty billion is the figure being bandied about today.

Financial passporting is also being thrown about today as a threat.

I suppose it’s never easy getting a divorce with one partner, let alone twenty seven, especially when the heads of the family are determined to make our excommunication as painful, if not actually impossible to achieve politically. This is Project Fear 3.0, the ill-fated sequel to Project Fear 2.0 (EU referendum), itself looking to capitalise on Project Fear 1.0 (Scotland). This time, it’s the EU.

I’ve always suspected that the EU might need us more than we need it. Its recent actions don’t come across as a projection of strength to me, much as that might be the intended posture. It shows me an organisation frantically pressing the only buttons it can to prevent our exit.

"…

A second group called Veterans for Britain is also under investigation by the commission.

Veterans for Britain received a donation worth £100,000 from Vote Leave in the run-up to the 2016 vote…"

tbf I read that as Vegetarians for Britain

That would have been way funnier…

Well, it looks like AfD are going to get more opportunities to put people in the Bundestag.

Merkel was unable to get a coalition going. Fresh elections next year.

Same time as the next referendum maybe?

Will people vote differently next time?

If they keep losing money they will. Who’s going to notice £448 over a year?

It calculated that the effect of the Brexit vote has been “equivalent to a £448 cut in annual pay for the average worker”. It added: “Put another way, the Brexit vote has cost the average worker almost one week’s wages due to higher prices.”

1 Like

Uhm… we keep seeing Pap posts about Merkel and the AfD…now the rise of the right in Germany is driven predominantly from the former east, and has been on the increase since the Germans took in nearly 1 million Syrian refugees, which saw an increase in crime. Just imagine if we had taken in 1 million syrians … think about it Pap. I suspect we would have seen our own large sacle right wing uprising - but we took 20k because that is all we were prepared to do, the Government more concerned about what the Mail readers think than supporting a humanitarian effort… yet because of that you feel happy to ‘gloat’ that we are lucky to be distancing ourselves from them? The German Right increase has fuck all todo with the EU and all to do with this ‘migration’ where the right feed on folks fears. You know that, yet seem happy to keep spreading a Mail style headline to try and create a ‘falselink’ between the two? …

Ian Duncan Smith was saying the same thing on BBC news earlier. This is the Hard Brexiters latest tactic, blaming ‘Bastard Barnier’ for everything, along with the 'unpatriotic lily livered remainers for their abject failure in negotiations as all other options dry up and they have to face the rude reality that the whole Brexit process is going very badly indeed. Personally, Barnier has my deepest sympathy, he must have the patience of a saint having to deal with thickos like David Davis and co, it must get very wearing having to explain the same thing over and over again as if to a very small and very dim child.

Announced today that the European Medicines Agency is moving to Amsterdam, 900 good jobs will go with them, 322 million euros budget, health industry setting up nearby stopped and 40,000 business visits a year lost. The inevitable knock on effect with local businesses losing out etc etc. Yet we were assured by Brexit supporters that this sort of thing was just ‘project fear’. Today it has been announced that the electoral commission has launched an investigation into whether Vote Leave broke campaign spending rules during the referendum campaign. It is also investigating Darren Grimes who received 625,000 pounds from Vote Leave despite being a student, and Veterans For Britain which received 100,000 pounds as to whether they breached campaign finance rules at the 2016 Referendum. Grimes and VFB both spent money on digital marketing. Today Brexit minister Lord Callanan apologised in the House of Lords for telling peers last week that Brexit could not be revoked, which is a blatant falsehood. So just today the UK has lost a European agency and all the jobs associated with it, had a Brexit minister apologise for lying, and an investigation triggered into Leave campaign funding.

This country is being humiliated on a daily basis by Theresa May and her merry band of Brexit negotiators, the whole project is unravelling badly, this nonsense should be stopped before it is too late. The lie about Article 50 being irrevocable is just another example of the lies, trying to blame the EU for the damaging decisions our government are making all on their own, as if somehow the EU is making us leave. They lie, lie and lie again until these lies get presented as facts by the vast majority of our media.

We need to wake up and demand the Brexiters tell us, if Brexit is such a good thing, why do we need to be lied to about the benefits of it?

5 Likes

They’re too proud / embarrassed to accept or tell the truth @nottarf-krap .

Why tell the truth when you can bluster and blame everything on them damn Vichy Remainers?

2 Likes

I don’t see what the problem is. We just leave, don’t we? Just cut all ties and we’ll be fine.

Come on Pap, no need to worry. WTO rules and all that. There is no fear because there is no problem. I, for one, am looking forward to a bright a sunny future of economic prosperity and freedom from the yoke of the EU.

2 Likes

It’s ok only 6.8% of those jobs are Brits. The rest we can evict. :lou_wink:

Also 600of that lot are temps

And before you say think of the income tax loss, they are exempt from UK tax

1 Like

Yes Indeed.

“If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through” - General Melchett. :lou_wink:

3 Likes

So the magic money tree does exist. They can’t find cash to help the NHS, social services etc but conveniently find some loose change down the back of the sofa for Brexshit.

That’s very weird. I think the same charge can be levelled at Remainers. Fingers wilfully in your ears over the suspension of democracies in favour of troika-mandated technical government. That is a fact. On the record. History.

What you’re talking about are “projections”. They’re rather different.

Don’t talk rubbish man. They do need us more as we run a trade deficit. However, the sequencing of the talks means we’ve only discussed areas where they don’t. Wait until the talks move on to trade before coming out with this pony. Post a link to anyone stating “they need us more than we need them” when talking about the monetary settlement/ Irish border or citizens rights, before writing bollocks.

Some of the remainiacs are so busy fawning over the EU they forget simple facts.